To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Legacy and Death

Options
howardn
howardn
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Memberships

Are you doing anything about benificiaries and ways to get passwords and logins to loved ones in the event of death?

Comments

• Hi @howardn! Thanks for asking about this. We've had a few discussions on the topic the past few months, most recently this one. If you're using a 1Password account, right now we recommend giving a copy of your Emergency Kit, with your Master Password written in it, to someone you trust so they can access your account if something happens to you. If you aren't using an account, you can share a vault with someone using Dropbox and also give them the Master Password so they have access if they need it. Hope that helps! :)

• howardn
    howardn
    Community Member
    Options

Struggling trying to get Emergency Kit downloaded. I have emailed support. Emergency kit is certainly a start, but I think you guys can do better. I use 1p on iPads, iPhones, Mac's, etc. All of them have logons too. I worry that my kids will forget what to do so I need to get this kind of info to my financial planner/attorney. Better yet a way for them to get access. FB has a way now to designate a beneficiary. I have done that, but again will my kids remember??

• Jacob
    edited October 2016
    Options

@howardn Thanks for emailing us. We'll get back to you about your Emergency Kit soon soon.

I agree that we can do better with this, and I appreciate your feedback about it. :) Designating a beneficiary in 1Password would be different from Facebook because everything is encrypted and there is much more sensitive information stored in 1Password. The Emergency Kit is a simple way of giving your family access, though it does seem a bit strange since it's a piece of paper and directly gives them access with your credentials. At some point it would be interesting to have something similar to account recovery where someone else has access to their whole account in case of an emergency.

ref: THS-92114-865, B5-1138

This discussion has been closed.