Logs showing "Someone" and "Deleted User" when it should show the deleted user actual name

Options

Logged into web version and see the following in logs:

I know who deleted their account (they left the company recently) so in this case I am not concerned but the whole point of audit logs is to know what has happened and who made a change. What if a vault or large numbers of entries (passwords etc) were deleted and then they deleted the account? I will not know who has maliciously used the system.

This needs to be fixed as not good security practice to not have clear useful logs.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Deleted user

Comments

• Jacob
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi @sphinxsm! Thanks for the feedback. It would be a nice improvement to have their name and then (Deleted) beside it for accuracy. I can let the team know you're looking for something like that.

What if a vault or large numbers of entries (passwords etc) were deleted and then they deleted the account? I will not know who has maliciously used the system.

Good question. Members can't delete themselves — an owner or admin has to do it for them. Even owners and admins can't delete their own accounts. So this wouldn't be possible. Hope that helps.

ref: B5-2150

This discussion has been closed.