Settings sporadically reverts to default

Options
JJJoey
JJJoey
Community Member
edited November 2016 in iOS

I noticed my 1Password settings would sporadically reset to (what I assume to be) default after I restart my iPhone (usually). If it helps, I recently upgraded from an iPhone 5 to a 6s and did try reinstalling the app.

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.1.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:settings revert to default

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @JJJoey,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this difficulty. That is quite strange! I can't say I ever recall hearing of a similar case. Can you think of anything that would've been happening when the settings reset, but not at other times?

And which settings, specifically, are we talking about?

Please let us know.

Ben

• JJJoey
    JJJoey
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben thanks for the reply. I can't exactly pinpoint what causes the settings to revert to default; just that it usually happens after a restart.

When this happens,

• The 'Touch ID for "1Password"' dialogue box does not appear; just the Master Password field;
    • In 'General': 'Password Font' changes to 'Courier Prime' (previously 'Anonymous Pro'); 'Enable Spotlight Search' switches off (previously on)
    • In 'Security': 'Auto-Lock' changes to '10 Minutes' (previously 2 Minutes); 'Touch ID', '1Password Watchtower', and 'Clear Clipboard' switch off (all previously on); 'Conceal Passwords' switches on (previously off)
    • In 'User Agent', the selected user agent does not stick and just shows a blank space before the '>'.

These are the settings I noticed - I don't use other settings and don't know if they change as well.

Thanks for your help!

• Ben
    Options

That is quite strange, @JJJoey! So that we can have a baseline I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• JJJoey
    JJJoey
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

I'll have to send you the report when (or if) it happens again as I reinstalled the app via iTunes when this happened yesterday (previous reinstalls were via the iOS app store). Fingers crossed this fixes the problem!

• Ben
    Options

@JJJoey,

I'm actually looking for a report now (prior to the issue happening; a baseline) and then if it recurs a fresh report from just after it happens. That'll give us the best chance of spotting what may be happening between the time things are normal and when they go wonky.

Thanks.

Ben

• JJJoey
    JJJoey
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID: [#WFA-41456-776]

Apologies I forgot to include the link to this thread in the diagnostic email.

• Ben
    Options

Got it. Thanks! If the issue reoccurs please send us a fresh report as soon as possible after it happens. That way we can compare the reports and hopefully determine what happened differently than normal.

Ben

ref: WFA-41456-776

This discussion has been closed.