To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Both Standalone and Account Subscription

Options
banyantree
banyantree
Community Member

Newby error here. I bought the 1password app from the Apple App Store, then went to the website and created an account, assuming that would be necessary. Now that I look into it deeper I see that what I bought with the app was a standalone vault, and the account assumes I will pay a monthly subscription for the online vault. I prefer to stick with the standalone since I've already paid for that. Am I correct in my interpretation here, and how do I put my vault back in standalone mode?

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.12.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @banyantree! I'm sorry for the confusion. Your interpretation is correct. To get back to standalone, you'll need to move your existing items from your Personal vault (that's the one connected to your account) to your Primary vault (a local vault used for standalone).

Once the Personal vault is empty, you can sign out of your account via Preferences > Accounts. Here's a screenshot from my Mac to show you where it's located.

Preferences

Make sure you sign out of your account on all your devices and you'll back to standalone in no time. :)

Let me know how it went and if you have any additional questions. I'm here to help!

• banyantree
    banyantree
    Community Member
    Options

When I open the 1password program on my mac, that is the Primary vault, right?

Right now the display in the 1Password program vault is the same as in the Personal vault (online). This being the case, is there any need to move entries as you describe?

When I sign out of the online account via Preferences > Accounts, does that stop AgileBits from charging me for a subscription?

Thank you for your help!

• MaxSiegel
    MaxSiegel
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @banyantree! We'll actually want to migrate the data that's stored in your 1Password.com account to a new local vault (called a "Primary" vault).

1. First open 1Password. Click on "1Password" in bold at the very top, and select Preferences > Advanced. Click the checkbox next to "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts.” This will create a new Primary vault.
    2. Navigate to your account's vault (called the "Personal" vault), by clicking on the Vault Picker in the top-left corner of 1Password.
    3. Select all of the items in the list you wish to move. Right-click on one of the items, hover over Share, then Primary, and click on Copy. Copies of your items should now be in your Primary vault. (See the screenshot below.)
    4. After confirming that all of your new items have been moved over, open Preferences, then click the Accounts icon, and "Sign Out" of your account. (As my colleague Roman demonstrated.)

You won't be charged for a subscription. After your free 30-day trial ends, your account will just "freeze." :)

Hopefully that does the trick, but please let us know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.