To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Migrating from 1Password 6 to personal account - is it really this crazy-making?

adavidow
adavidow
Community Member

Okay, so first, I open a 1Password personal account on my Mac and set up a personal vault=. Now I have two of everything. How to get rid of the former collection and just see one version of the data? Not clear.

Then, I want to migrate on my Android phone and my iPad. As near as I can tell, the way to do this is to remove existing app. Then, re-install, and then manually type in a long account-key, then my master password (also long), all without error?

What am I missing? Why is this so painful?

1Password Version: 6.55
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

Hi @adavidow - Thanks for getting in touch. 1Password should have offered you to delete the old vault after migrating your data. It sounds like for some reason this didn't work, which is why you see duplicates now. You can manually delete the old vault, though. Switch to the Primary vault and then choose Delete Vault from the 1Password menu.

Removing and re-installing the app makes sure you start with a clean slate. You don't have to type in the Account Key though, you can scan the QR code from your Emergency Kit or the Get the Apps page in your account area on 1Password.com (see instructions).

On the plus side: Once you set up the app on all your devices, you're good to go. Unless you get a new device or reset your device, you don't have to go through the setup again. :)

This discussion has been closed.