Authorisation error on Windows 7

Options

Every time I load 1password on windows it says there is an authorisation error please sign in. When I do so the address of my vault is incorrect by 1 character in the name of my vault. and I change it and enter my password and all is OK until the next time I log into the app. How can I fix this?

1Password Version: 6.4.377d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Authorisation error

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tom_lj: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! This doesn't have anything to do with a vault, but it sounds like there may be some other misunderstanding as well since iCloud sync isn't available on Windows (Apple doesn't provide CloudKit there). The authorization error will give you more information. What does it say exactly? Generally it means that account credentials for the 1Password.com account you've added to the app are incorrect. Did you change your Master Password or something else with your account? If so, you'll just need to enter the new information so it can authenticate properly again. Let me know what you find!

• clementgendron
    clementgendron
    Community Member
    Options

Good day,

I use your app on my mac and I made a commendation to one of my client who is on a PC (Windows 7).
    2 problems appear:

1. I make a local installation and when I try to sign in I have an error.
    2. I make an installation in Chrome. The autofill not working

Thanks for your help

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @clementgendron,

Thank you for chipping in! I am sorry to hear you bumped into troubles with 1Password. First of all, could you please specify, are you planning to sync 1Password on that PC with 1Password on your Mac? Do you have a local vault there or 1Password account?

1Password extension requires 1Password app to be installed and authorised, so it should start working once we deal with the app situation. I will be looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.