To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1PW requires old individual master pw; won't accept new master pw under Family subscription

Options
siplhium
siplhium
Community Member

I've tried contacting support by email twice, only to be greeted by happy-sounding emails full of "fun" emoticons, support links and an invitation to reply to the email with yet another description of the problem if I still need help. That kind of response is both unprofessional and unacceptable. I've replied again, and have heard nothing. So this is my third attempt. I expect a serious, substantive, professional response from AgileBits; I'm tired of wasting my time. The title explains the problem.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X Sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @siplhium

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I apologize for the delay. Our email inbox has overflowed to the point that we simply haven't been able to respond to everyone, unfortunately. I agree -- it is an unacceptable situation and we're working as quickly as we can to rectify it.

To address your concern: If you still have a Primary vault then the password for that vault is the password 1Password will unlock with. If this is no longer desirable you can remove the Primary vault. This can be done in 1Password for Mac under 1Password > Preferences > Advanced > Uncheck Allow creation of vaults outside 1Password accounts. Please be sure you've successfully migrated your data from your standalone vaults to account based vaults prior to doing so.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask. Again, my apologies for the delay.

Ben

• siplhium
    siplhium
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Ben.

• Ben
    Options

You're most welcome. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.