To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

App question

Options
TDK1044
TDK1044
Community Member

So, please forgive my lack of technical knowledge, but in the words of Oddball from Kelly's Heroes....."I only ride ’em, I don’t know what makes ’em work."

So, when I open the 1password 6 app on my Desktop, am I right in saying that it then reaches out to look for updated information that may have been added since the last time that the app was open, but that it only does this when the app is actually open? If that's the case, having a display somewhere of when the app last performed its sync might be a nice idea.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TDK1044! Kelly's Heroes... that's a great film! I haven't seen it in many years, must track down a copy now that you've reminded me of it :chuffed:

And your instincts are great - that is indeed what happens. As your data with us is fully encrypted, the app can only check for updates to items once you open the app and unlock it with your master password. We've recently added a status line to the authorised devices in your subscription account profile, which shows the last time those devices checked in with our service. Simply log into the web interface for your account, click on the account name in the top-right corner and choose "My Profile" - you'll see the date of the last time a given authorised device checked in, and possibly the time as well if it was very recently!

I hope that helps :chuffed:

• TDK1044
    TDK1044
    Community Member
    Options

That's great. Thanks, John.

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome, @TDK1044 :+1:

This discussion has been closed.