cant get 1password to work on Paylocity.com

Options

Trying to login to https://login.paylocity.com/Escher/Escher_WebUI/views/Login/login.aspx?errMsg=SessExpired

Can't get all three of: username, company Id, and password to fill in using 1Password. With each attempt 1Password populates one or two of the fields. All three pieces of informationa are in the vault file.

There was a similar issue on the forum on March 2016 with the same URL. I attempted the user discovered workaround but no joy. Has a solution for this URL been found?

Thanks.

Bryan

1Password Version: 4.6.1.620 (20)
Extension Version: 4.6.5.2 (Google Chrome)
OS Version: 6.2.9200
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:paylocity.com problems

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @teamwelch1,

Just to ensure we don't ask you to repeat anything you've already tried, are you finding this doesn't work if you manually create a new Login item using the steps outlined on our page How to save a Login manually in your browser?

• teamwelch1
    teamwelch1
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I have manually created a login.
    I have also manually entered the information into the 1password file.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hey @teamwelch1,

I can reproduce this with 1Password - sorry for the trouble. The problem is that 1Password thinks that this is just a simple Login web form and is choosing to fill it in just using the designated username & password so it's ignoring the Company ID. I have created a bug in 1Password for this website so we can get to the bottom of it and resolve this.

For now, the only workaround I can offer is if you create two Login items - one for the username & password and another for the Company ID. It will mean you'll need to do a little more clicks / keystrokes when you want to log in but at least you'll have form filling support while we work on resolving this.

To set up the workaround:

1. Go to https://login.paylocity.com/Escher/Escher_WebUI/views/Login/login.aspx
    2. Enter your Company ID and then use the Save New Login feature LittleBobby mentioned to create a Login item just for the Company ID.

You could give it a name like "Paylocity - Company ID".

3. Next, reload the web page and enter your Username & Password into the fields on the page and then create another Login item using the "Save New Login" feature. Name it something like "Paylocity - Credentials".
    4. When you want to log in, you could go to the webpage itself directly and then use the two Login items to fill all the neccessary details. One after the other.

If you have Auto-submit enabled in your 1Password, I would recommend picking one of the two Logins that you will always fill first, e.g. the "Paylocity - Company ID" Login and then changing it's Submit setting from "if Auto-submit is ON" to "Never". That way when you go to the webpage, you can fill the Company ID without submitting the form and then when you fill the Credentials Login item it will Auto-submit and log you in :chuffed:

I hope that helps. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Best regards,
    Matthew

ref: BRAIN-365

This discussion has been closed.