To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I forget master password but still remember secret key; need help!

Options
_sgm
_sgm
Community Member
edited August 2017 in Memberships

Hey on https://support.1password.com/recovery/ it says

TIP
If your family or team member can recover their Master Password or find their Secret Key, you don’t need to recover their account.

So I have the secret key... How can I gain access without recovering the account??

What am I not understanding about that "Tip"?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: 1Password.com

ref: ACI-25299-397

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2017
    Options

Hi @_sgm.

I'm sorry for any confusion caused, but it sounds like you're reading that statement to mean only one of those items is required... That is not the case. Each component of that sentence is a link, which offers assistance on recovering the Master Password or finding the Secret Key, respectively. If you've lost your Master Password, we're suggesting going through the guide at the link re: Master Passwords first, before going through recovery. Likewise in the case of Secret Keys. It isn't saying that there is a solution, other than recovery, if you cannot ultimately come up with both of those things.

Again my apologies for any confusion caused by the wording there. I'll ask our documentation team to take a look at this and see if we can find a way to be more clear.

Ben

P.S. I noticed you emailed us about this as well. For the future please note that it is not necessary to contact us via multiple channels for the same issue. Doing so means more work for you, and causes a duplication of efforts for us, which slows down the support process for everyone. :)

This discussion has been closed.