To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

my boss got a new iPhone and is trying to set up 1Password. He does not have his secret key

Options
beth_prothro
beth_prothro
Community Member

Does he just need to get a new membership?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:my boss got a new iPhone and is trying to set up 1Password. He does not have his secret key

Comments

• Frank
    edited August 2017
    Options

Hi @beth_prothro - Can you ask your boss how he was syncing his 1Password data previously? Did he sign up for a 1Password membership or was he syncing using Dropbox or iCloud? Once we have a little more information, we'll be in a better position to assist you.

ref: RIQ-12516-511

• LongTime
    LongTime
    Community Member
    Options

Piggy-backing here --
    I'm using Dropbox, do I just reinstall and put in my main password if I've removed the app from my iPhone?

• @LongTime If you're syncing with Dropbox, yep! You can install 1Password on your iPhone, then open it and choose the Dropbox option to set up 1Password with your existing data from Dropbox. :) Hope that helps!

• LongTime
    LongTime
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks; I thought so but it is comforting to get it from you!

• I'm glad to hear that helped :smile: On behalf of Jacob, you're very welcome. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime, we're always here if you need us.

• JoyceC
    JoyceC
    Community Member
    Options

I can breathe again! Could you put that instruction where it says to sign inwith an existing account, please?

And way back when there was a glitch with the iOS version, Dave was offering a three-month trial of membership. If you had had the safe vault option then, I certainly would have jumped at it but I have the pro version and there was really nothing useful to me then. Any chance of grabbing it now?

• JoyceC
    JoyceC
    Community Member
    Options

Oops, sent too soon. Finally, my last version in my vault is 6beta and I know I’m up to date. How do I get the current version to show with the licence info?

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I can breathe again! Could you put that instruction where it says to sign inwith an existing account, please?

@JoyceC: You can sign in with an existing account on the Welcome screen if you haven't setup the app yet, or from Settings/Preferences > Accounts if you're adding an additional account:

How to add your 1Password account to the apps

And way back when there was a glitch with the iOS version, Dave was offering a three-month trial of membership. If you had had the safe vault option then, I certainly would have jumped at it but I have the pro version and there was really nothing useful to me then. Any chance of grabbing it now?

I'm not sure what you mean. All 1Password.com accounts use the same vault security that we introduced when we first launched 1Password (for) Teams and subsequently added 1Password Families and individual 1Password.com memberships. You can learn all about how it all works here:

1Password.com security white paper

We don't currently have any promotions running, but we may in the future. Feel free to shoot us an email at support@1password.com and post the Support ID here and we'll be happy to help you make the transition when you're ready.

Oops, sent too soon. Finally, my last version in my vault is 6beta and I know I’m up to date. How do I get the current version to show with the licence info?

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Can you be more specific?

This discussion has been closed.