To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I can't login with my emergency kit

Options

I am unable to log into my 1password account.
I have the emergency kit, but my master key password is not working. I tried all known passwords I have =/

What can I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@williamthiago: (Un)fortunately AgileBits doesn't ever have either your Secret Key or Master Password, as that wouldn't be very secure at all. The Master Password is chosen by you, and the Secret Key is generated locally on your device. Neither is ever transmitted, and it isn't possible for us to reset them, as your data would still be encrypted with those. We simply don't have access to your data can't recover it for you. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/master-password/#recover-your-master-password

Alternatively, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

Otherwise it will not be possible to login to your 1Password Account, and you will need to start over. Let me know what you find!

• Hi @brenty,

I applied a long time ago for trial, but used only a few times, I guess I dont have nothing to lose.
    I just started over again with another account. Is there a way to delete this account to be sure?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@williamthiago: Sure, no problem. Glad to hear you didn't have anything important stored there yet! I've sent an account deletion email, so you can follow the steps there to delete it. Then you can sign up for a new account. Just be sure to include your Master Password in your Emergency Kit, and store it somewhere secure (like a safe deposit box) in case you ever need it. Let me know if you need any help setting up the apps, especially if you need to start over there too as well!

• Thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're totally welcome! We're here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.