To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1password membership keeps replacing my 1password account from Mac App Store

scotteverett
scotteverett
Community Member

Hi all,

I've now gone through steps provided by AgileBits to remove all aspects of their new membership service from my iMax running the latest version of OSX, and using Chrome and the 1Password Chrome extension. But it seems periodically through some standard 1password UX scenarios, I keep getting switched back to a membership account, and then being forced to login in in a broswer in order to use the extension.

I understand 1password REALLY want people to switch to the membership, but for those that would like to use the software they purchased, full stop, is there a way to prevent this from continually happening?

Thanks,

Scott

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: 6.8.1
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi @scotteverett,

Thanks for posting this. Are you sure that the browser login screen you're getting is 1Password.com and not Apple's AppleID login page for sync via iCloud? I can't think of any scenario where 1Password would ask you to login to 1Password.com for anything if you're not using a 1Password.com account.

The next step for us to be able to diagnose this would probably be a diagnostics report so that we can get a look at what's happening under the hood.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.