To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

In order to use 1password protection do I need to go to the actual websites to log in?

Options
Tcarmer
Tcarmer
Community Member

I'm finding I still need to log in as usual from apps and webpages! What is the point of this service?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:In order to use 1password protection do I need to go to the actual websites to log in?

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi @Tcarmer,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'd be happy to help.

In order to use 1password protection do I need to go to the actual websites to log in?

Yes.

I'm finding I still need to log in as usual from apps and webpages! What is the point of this service?

1Password is, at it's core, an encrypted database. It stores and protects your credentials for each account. On top of that we have browser extensions which will allow you to fill those credentials into web pages. This means you can have a secure unique password for each account, without having to memorize it (1Password remembers it for you) and without having to type it (1Password fills it for you).

We have a video series that explains how you can accomplish this using 1Password here:

Additional resources on getting started can be found here:

https://support.1password.com/

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

ref: TJN-49279-751

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I tend to use my browser to reach a web page, and then my 1PW shortcut to enter my login details.

That's just old habit, and one can (and it's probably better)use 1PW to open a web page and enter the login details in a single step.

• I tend to use my browser to reach a web page, and then my 1PW shortcut to enter my login details.

This is how I always do it as well. Any other way felt unnatural to me, and thus never made it into my workflow.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.