To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Moved to a new MacBook...saying trial ending, but cannot find license

Options
coladan1
coladan1
Community Member

I have been using 1Password for a very long time...at least since 2010. I recently got a new MacBook Pro and reinstalled 1Password. Here is the version
1Password 6
Version 6.8.1 (681006)
AgileBits Store

It is saying that my trial is over in two days, but I am unable to find the license file or license key except a Key from 1Password 3. How do I get the current license and how to I get my MacBook to accept it. Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @coladan1 :)
    Sorry for the confusion. The issue here is that licenses are per version. If you have a license for 1Password 3, that won't apply for 1Password 6. If you wish to remain standalone, you would have to purchase a new license for 1Password 6. If you already have a license for 1Password 6, you can go here and partway down the page is a box where you can enter the email you used to purchase your license and have it resent.

If you don't have a license though, I could suggest considering a 1Password.com membership which has many benefits over a standalone license as outlined here.

Hope that helps
    Corey

• coladan1
    coladan1
    Community Member
    Options

Corey...thanks...I went to the Mac App Store and was able to re-install it from there. Once I did that, looks like everything now works and it's not asking me for my license. Thanks for the help and I'll consider obtaining a 1password.com membership.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Happy to hear you have it figured out. :+1: :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@coladan1: Glad that helped! Just keep in mind that if you did not purchase the full version of 1Password from the Mac App Store already (it's a free download so you can use the trial), you may end up with the same issue. Double check your purchase history, and make sure that you're signed into the correct Apple ID you bought it with (not free) to ensure you don't hit any more snags. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.