Find all entries with attachments

Options
arisk
arisk
Community Member

Is there a way to quickly find/locate all 1Password entries that have attachments?

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:find all attachments

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @arisk -- not in an automatic, built-in way, for now. What I would suggest is using tags for the future if this is important for you to be able to do: as you're creating an item or adding an attachment to an existing item, take the time to just add an attachment tag. I realize this doesn't help with your current 1Password database, but if you're needing to go through it anyway to find all items with attachments, now would be a great time to add such a tag to each of your search results, so you'll be set for similar searches in the future.

• arisk
    arisk
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Lars, thanks for your reply!

Would be great if more powerful search was available in the future

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @arisk -- darn it, I appear to have steered you wrong. I just checked the advanced search functions, and there IS now a way to search for items with attachments. Here's how you access it: in the main 1Password for Mac window, click the magnifying glass at the leftmost position in the search bar. One of the choices in the drop-down menu there is "Items with attachments."

Sorry for the error.

• arisk
    arisk
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for the update!

I've used your tip, however; it does not seem to be working… (maybe I'm missing something)
    I've selected "Search: All Items", "Number of Attachments is greater than 0" and I get 0 items as a result. (I do have many entries with attachments)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@arisk - Hmmm, it's working fine for me here. You would need to have a local vault selected. If you use a 1Password account, you won't get any results because the files stored there aren't attachments to a specific 1Password item, they're Documents. It also won't work in All Vaults view, you need to select the specific vault in question and retry your search. Let me know how that works.

• arisk
    arisk
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Lars,

I was in the "All Vaults view", once I switched to a specific vault it worked like a charm!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@arisk - glad to know that worked for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.