To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I delete my account and start over?

Options

Hi there, I decided to start a free trial on my iOS device and I signed up with my email and created a master key. I didn't understand how important my master key was for the life of my account and I made one that, in hindsight, was not memorable. I forgot it and reset my data but I cannot log into my account and start over.

Is there any way I can still use the same e-mail address I signed up with and start over fresh?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello,

I've sent you an email so that we can handle that there.

Rick

• calcetinrojo
    calcetinrojo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there,
    I've got the same issue (except that my master password was memorable... I still don't know why I cannot recall it). As the last resort your help lists the option to simply start over. How is that done? I deleted 1Password in the mean time from the iOS device, but I'd like to give it another chance, this time with emergency kit and so on. I realise that the data in that first vault cannot be restored, but I'd like to use the same account that I started 1Password with, ideally still using the last remaining days of the free trial.

Cheers

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @calcetinrojo,

I've sent you an email. As this involves personal information, we can take care of this from there.

Corey

ref: TSK-32457-982

• Cdrscotni
    Cdrscotni
    Community Member
    Options

I signed up for a free trial but did not download the emergency kit and therefore have not been able to log in. How do I start over with the same email address?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Cdrscotni: We can't discuss account details here in a public forum. I also see that you've emailed us separately for some reason. Please don't contact us in multiple places, as that just slows down the support process for everyone — yourself included. But I'll reply to you via email shortly so we can help you get things sorted out.

ref: DEQ-28498-522

• kengetz
    kengetz
    Community Member
    Options

Guess I have the same problem: I seem to have a 1Password account set up, but I never had a subscription. So now that I'm trying to create a subscription, it won't let me use my email address. Any way to simply delete that account so I can start fresh? I have a licensed copy of 1password 6, and would like to try an account for the 1Password 7 beta. Can you help? Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018
    Options

@kengetz: I'll shoot you an email shortly to help.

ref: VDD-13319-826

If anyone else is having a similar issue, you can contact us directly at support@1password.com. Just make sure you do so from the registered email address of your 1Password.com account. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.