To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I upgrade my existing membership to add one person?

Options
amf1022
amf1022
Community Member

I just want to add my boss. Which option would be best? Family or Team? I'd love to just keep my same Sign-in address..Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@amf1022: It's pretty easy to convert to a 1Password Teams plan. Just sign into your account on 1Password.com and click "Invite People" on the right to get started:

https://my.1password.com/

Since you're sharing with your boss, you may want to consider adding them as a guest instead of a normal user, so that they will have access only to a single vault you share with them. But either way it's up to you.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• amf1022
    amf1022
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Brenty! If I added my boss as a guest, will he be able to add or delete items to the vault?
    My objective is to have both of us have 1Password on our phone and for me to have on my computer-so when I add or make changes, it automatically shows on his phone..

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@amf1022 This gets into what you use 1Password for, and what you're comfortable sharing with your boss. If you have all your personal, private-life data in 1Password, you probably don't want to give your boss unrestricted access to it. On the other hand, if you create a special additional vault, you can share that vault only with your boss, and still have all your personal stuff in your existing vault and shared "work" stuff in the new vault you create.

Guests by definition are allowed access to only a single vault which you specify - so he would be able to view/edit/delete items in that one vault only, but not any others you have.

• amf1022
    amf1022
    Community Member
    Options

Perfect. Thank you so much, Lars. How can I add the guest? I'm not seeing the option on the sidebar..

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@amf1022: Did you upgrade your plan? You won't see an option for Members or Guests in the sidebar until you do that:

https://start.1password.com/people/guests

This discussion has been closed.