To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Totally Frozen on 1 computer but syncing on 2 others and my phone.

Options
SutartK
SutartK
Community Member

I have been happily using my licenses on 1Password with dropbox synchronization on multiple computers and phones for many years and recommend it to my friends.

However, for the first time, I find my account Frozen, but apparently only on my newest computer ("iMac 2). Apparently, I updated to version 6.8.6 and must have agreed to test the new "Personal" online annual fee account on the new computer (with a new password) and that the free trial period ended today, resulting in the frozen account.

I read the closed discussion about closing the "Personal" account and returning to a "Primary" local account, and so I unclicked the Personal account buttons (screenshot 1) on the iMac 2.

That allowed me to see all my previous entries, but it does not synchronize with my dropbox account. A new password on my iMac 2 doesn't show up on my iMac 1 (which also has version 6.8.6), on my Mac Powerbook (version .6.8.5) or on my android cellphone.

However, the iMac2, Powerbook, and cellphone still snyc with each other.

To return to my license functionality, do I have to completely delete the Stuart Karlan "Personal" account from the Account preferces on my iMac 2?

Your website shows a comparison of features between the Personal and Family online plans, but nowhere have I seen the Primary account included in the comparisons so old-timers can know what they will lossing by staying with primary or getting in addition with the online plans.I It would be very helpful if you provided a full explanation to licensed users.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Stuart Karlan

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SutartK: I think you're confusing accounts and standalone licenses. You'll only have an account as part of a 1Password.com membership...and if you signed up for one and didn't subscribe, it will be frozen after the trial ends. It looks like that's the case: you've got a Primary (standalone) local vault, which is not part of an account, and then a Personal (account) vault there from an account you signed up for and signed into in 1Password for Mac. 1Password.com accounts do not use Dropbox, as sync is already built in.

To return to my license functionality, do I have to completely delete the Stuart Karlan "Personal" account from the Account preferces on my iMac 2?

Yes. Just make sure you move any data you need into your Primary vault first. If it's in your account, and you sign out of the account, you won't be able to access that data in the app.

Your website shows a comparison of features between the Personal and Family online plans, but nowhere have I seen the Primary account included in the comparisons so old-timers can know what they will lossing by staying with primary or getting in addition with the online plans.I It would be very helpful if you provided a full explanation to licensed users.

There is no such thing as a "Primary account"; a Primary vault is stored locally on your device. But you can learn more about the benefits of a 1Password.com membership in our knowledgebase:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

A 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.