To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to merge standalone and online account? And do I need both?

Options
lecours305
lecours305
Community Member
edited February 2018 in Memberships

Hello. I have a question about syncing my accounts.

I have been using 1password for a few years now. I used to use the standalone app that you purchase and download. A few months back I signed up for the online version so that I could have access to all my passwords from anywhere. However, on my desktop, I still have the app installed. I noticed that sometimes my passwords are only saved to the desktop app and not to the online version. Basically, I see the password only in my desktop, but when I’m on my laptop or mobile device, I don’t have the same info. I’ve also noticed that on my desktop, most of the items are duplicated. They’re stored in a “vault” and in “personal”. I’m not sure which of those 2 is the online version.

Basically, I want to ONLY have the online version on all my devices and eliminate the downloaded version. I also want to make sure that all my passwords are synced so that I can access them from anywhere. Lastly, I want to make sure that from now on, any time I save a password, it’s visible from anywhere. Can you please tell me how to do this?

Thanks

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.4 (684001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sync standalone and online

Comments

• MaxSiegel
    MaxSiegel
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018
    Options

Hi there, @lecours305. I'm sorry to hear that 1Password isn't working across all of your devices. We can definitely help get things straightened out, though. :)

First, could you please double-check that you've set up your 1Password account on your devices? This support article provides handy instructions to follow.

Next, let's check how 1Password is set up on each device. In each app, could you please go to 1Password Settings/Preferences > Vaults > All Vaults? Then make sure your older Primary vault is deselected. And equally important, make sure that "Vault for Saving" is set to your Personal, not Primary, vault.

Hopefully that does the trick, but please keep us in the loop, and we will go from there. :)

ref: BKK-94118-267

• lecours305
    lecours305
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! Thanks for clarifying that. One more question. How can I sync the two vaults? I have stuff in my primary vault that I need to sync with my personal vault before I eliminate the primary. Is there a way to do this other than manually, one by one? Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

@lecours305

They can’t “sync” per se but you can move multiple items simultaneously:

Move items between vaults

Ben

• lecours305
    lecours305
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome! Thanks again for your help.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lecours305 - on behalf of ben, you're quite welcome -- glad he was able to point you in the right direction. :)

This discussion has been closed.