Downloaded Extension for FireFox is corrupt

Kactus
Kactus
Community Member

While downloading the extension file to Fire Fox I receive a message that reads
The add-on downloaded from agilebits.com could not be installed because it appears to be corrupt

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:installing extention in firefox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Kactus: Either there's something wrong with your internet connection, or something is actively interfering with your ability to connect to our site securely and download it properly. So you have "security" software installed that's trying to insert itself into your connection? Ultimately you should be able to download the Firefox extension using another browser and then drag it to Firefox...but I'd be more concerned about why you're not able to do so normally in Firefox itself. Let me know what you find!

• Kactus
    Kactus
    Community Member

Thanks for your help, Was able to down file using another browser and install it into Firefox

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Kactus: Glad that helped! I'd still suggest looking into what's messing up Firefox for you though, as it likely involves tampering with the browser's security.

• MattOKC
    MattOKC
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

No luck for me. I'm getting the "add-on is corrupt" error, too. I've refreshed firefox, I have a good internet connection, I don't have an anti-virus enabled to interfere, and I've downloaded the .xpi in Chrome and tried to install the file into firefox. All of them fail because of the "add-on is corrupt" error. Any other ideas?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MattOKC: If you create a new Firefox profile and you're still seeing the same error, something is interfering with the download. What "security" software are you using?

• MattOKC
    MattOKC
    Community Member

I'm on a mac, so I use sophos free for antivirus. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

@MattOKC: If you disable it, does that allow you to download the extension successfully? I wonder if you'd be able to set an exception for our file server. You could probably download the extension using another browser and then drag it to Firefox to install it, but if I were you I'd be curious about why they'd be interfering with your secure communications. Maybe they're trying to decrypt the traffic to "scan" it. Not something I'd be comfortable with since the whole point of web security is to ensure that the connection is end-to-end encrypted and only you and the site you're communicating with can read it. But it's unfortunately not uncommon behaviour these days.

ref: BXL-74193-955

• cmata37
    cmata37
    Community Member

I found this thread because I was experiencing the same issue. Turns out my browser was horrifically out of date because I hadn't been using Firefox as my default browser for so long. Once I updated Firefox, I was able to install the extension with no problem. Hope this helps the next person that finds this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! Glad to hear that did the trick for you. I tend to switch to different browsers from time to time too (I'd been using Vivaldi but recently switched back to Firefox) and find the others get woefully out of date while I'm off playing with one for a while -- and sometimes won't even update on their own anymore as a result. Never hurts to grab the latest from the website. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.