1Password 7 for Windows Beta 1 is here!

Options

Comments

• idaviddesmet
    idaviddesmet
    Community Member
    Options

So happy to see an update to 1P for Windows with support for local vaults.
    I've just installed it and oh boy, it looks nice. At first glance, it needs some tweaks on the default vault icon (1P icon), it looks very pixelated (on the Settings > Vaults, also on the All Vaults dropdown, and in the Item Detail on the vault label), not sure if it has been reported yet. Would be better to use svg. Just my 2c.

• Stanzilla
    Stanzilla
    Community Member
    Options

The tray item tooltip looks a bit weird https://i.imgur.com/6YgroWK.png

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Stanzilla: I think the idea is the browser names are indented to make them standout. There isn't much we can do with tooltips since they're plaintext, but we'll see if there's something we can do to improve it i the future. Thanks for the feedback! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

So happy to see an update to 1P for Windows with support for local vaults. I've just installed it and oh boy, it looks nice.

@idaviddesmet: Thanks for the kind words, and participating in the beta! Glad you're enjoying it. :chuffed:

At first glance, it needs some tweaks on the default vault icon (1P icon), it looks very pixelated (on the Settings > Vaults, also on the All Vaults dropdown, and in the Item Detail on the vault label), not sure if it has been reported yet. Would be better to use svg. Just my 2c.

I'm not sure that's an option, but we'll continue to look into ways of improving it. I am curious though, because it looks pretty good here: what resolution and scaling factor are you using? I wonder if you're running into a bug with that. It shouldn't be pixelated at all (unless your monitor is), but Windows is a bit weird sometimes with scaling.

• Stanzilla
    Stanzilla
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty I would just not put them there, tbh.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Stanzilla,

You wouldn't want to know what 1Password extension in which browser is connected to 1Password at the moment? We had it there for more than a year, we hadn't anyone get confused by it.

• Stanzilla
    Stanzilla
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT not in the tooltip of the tray icon, no. Also this is not a complaint or anything, just think it looks a bit odd. I'm a nit picker :D

• anurag
    anurag
    Community Member
    Options

i tried 1pasword7 windows with 1password account, in this i can use local vaults and account vaults together, whether this feature would continue after the final version will come. I have to maintain 2 vaults, 1 local and others on 1password.com, please let me know. How to export data from 1password account online or thru app

• MikeT
    edited March 2018
    Options

Hi guys,

@Stanzilla, we definitely appreciate you bringing it up. It does beg the question, is it really useful and we should remove it if not.

@anurag, thanks for writing in.

i tried 1pasword7 windows with 1password account, in this i can use local vaults and account vaults together, whether this feature would continue after the final version will come.

Yes, 1Password 7 will support both, that's one of the goals of 1Password 7; to support both standalone vaults and 1Password.com accounts together in the same application.

If you have a valid 1Password membership, standalone vaults are included as part of your membership.

If you do not wish to use 1Password membership anymore, you'll have to pay for a separate license for each 1Password app you use.

I have to maintain 2 vaults, 1 local and others on 1password.com, please let me know. How to export data from 1password account online or thru app

The data structure between 1Password membership and 1Password standalone vaults are different, there are no Documents in standalone vaults, so you can't export all of your data all at once.

To move between 1Password account and standalone, right-click on the items and use the Share Menu to copy/move the items between your vaults in your 1Password account and the standalone vaults. For Document items, you'll have to manually download all Document files to your drive and then manually reattach them to your standalone vaults. Right now, attaching new files is not implemented in the current 1Password 7 beta builds but it is coming soon.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MikeT not in the tooltip of the tray icon, no. Also this is not a complaint or anything, just think it looks a bit odd. I'm a nit picker :D

@Stanzilla: Haha I hear you. I agree that it's a bit different than what we're used to. Many Windows apps just show their name in the tooltip. And I have to say, that's not particularly helpful. I'd liken this to Dropbox, which actually shows some pretty helpful stuff along with saying "Dropbox" and the version number: number of files being indexed, number of files being transferred, and the approximate time to completion (in addition to showing on the icon itself whether or not it is up to date). And while I acknowledge that most users won't care to know which browsers are connected to 1Password, those people are also probably unlikely to look at the tooltip in the first place. But maybe we can do better here. It's an interesting topic, so I'm glad you brought it up. Cheers! :)

• idaviddesmet
    idaviddesmet
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty My resolution is 1920x1080 and scale is 100%. Here are the pics:

https://i.imgur.com/BSWKL5B.png
    https://i.imgur.com/vxUCWwc.png

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @idaviddesmet,

Thanks for that. We're looking into fixing the 16x16 icons in a future beta update.

• titan0g
    titan0g
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hi!

First of all thanks for releasing the standalone version. I've been waiting for this for a long time!

I think I found a bug.
    When I opened 1Password for the first time it found an old vault that I used some years ago, so I manually selected the new one and it opened flawlessly. But when I right click on the old vault in the vault selection dropdown menu there's two options: "Manage..." and "Show in All Vaults". I was trying to remove the old vault so I wouldn't have duplicates so I clicked on "Manage..." and it opened an url in the default internet browser starting with "https://vaults/details/" ending with a random string of characters, which of course doesn't resolve. When clicking "Show in All Vaults" it doesn't do anything. For the record I don't have an account in 1password.com if that's the case

I would also make note that it seems to have solved the issue I had with firefox quantum + 1password extension described here:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/82225/i-have-to-click-multiple-times-on-items-in-firefox-extension
    Now it autocompletes the login screen with the first click and feels faster too!

+1 on the WLAN sync. I already subscribed to the newsletter :)

Cheers!

Edit:
    Any plans Nextcloud syncing?

• Michael Tennes
    Michael Tennes
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Where are the System Requirements posted?

I've installed both versions of 1P (v6.8.x & v7Beta) on Windows 7 and neither one can sign into my 1P.com family account. Although, Chrome & Chrome X extension work fine.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Where are the System Requirements posted?

@Michael Tennes: Here: https://support.1password.com/system-requirements/

A few details will change with the final release of version 7, but essentially you need Windows 7 or higher and the latest version of .Net.

I've installed both versions of 1P (v6.8.x & v7Beta) on Windows 7 and neither one can sign into my 1P.com family account. Although, Chrome & Chrome X extension work fine.

This isn't a system requirements issue, but a system issue. If something is preventing 1Password from establishing a secure connection to the server, you will not be able to sign in there. It sounds like maybe you have "security" software which is interfering (though it may be configured to not prevent you from using your web browser — thanks for letting us know you can sign in there at least!), or firewall/proxy configuration may be needed. What are you using on your PC?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi! First of all thanks for releasing the standalone version. I've been waiting for this for a long time!

@titan0g: Likewise, thanks for being as excited as we are about this, and for participating in the beta! :chuffed:

I think I found a bug. When I opened 1Password for the first time it found an old vault that I used some years ago, so I manually selected the new one and it opened flawlessly. But when I right click on the old vault in the vault selection dropdown menu there's two options: "Manage..." and "Show in All Vaults". I was trying to remove the old vault so I wouldn't have duplicates so I clicked on "Manage..." and it opened an url in the default internet browser starting with "https://vaults/details/" ending with a random string of characters, which of course doesn't resolve. When clicking "Show in All Vaults" it doesn't do anything. For the record I don't have an account in 1password.com if that's the case

Thank you for bringing it to our attention! Please generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#ZJJ-12282-615]

If you’re reading this and you are not titan0g, this Support ID is for titan0g only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Thanks in advance!

ref: ZJJ-12282-615

I would also make note that it seems to have solved the issue I had with firefox quantum + 1password extension described here:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/82225/i-have-to-click-multiple-times-on-items-in-firefox-extension
    Now it autocompletes the login screen with the first click and feels faster too!

That's great to hear! Indeed, even though it's been a long road, there are a lot of benefits to creating a brand new app with Microsoft's latest tools, so all of that work is really paying off. :)

+1 on the WLAN sync. I already subscribed to the newsletter :) Cheers!

Thanks for letting us know!

Edit: Any plans Nextcloud syncing?

We currently have no plans to develop, test, and support additional 3rd party sync methods, but it helps to know that's something you'd be interested in. Cheers! :)

• titan0g
    titan0g
    Community Member
    Options

I just sent the diagnostic report as instructed. Thanks for the support.

I'd like to add that the "random string of numbers" at the end of the URL is the vault uuid. Just realized after looking at the report

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@titan0g: Ah, good catch! Indeed, thanks for sending that! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

• hAmpzter
    hAmpzter
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Installed the new version just now and I really love the design and speed of it (1Password 4 took a annoying amount of seconds to open my vault). But I stumbled up on two problems:

First one is an "stressed life clicking to fast"-error.. When I chose the "Dropbox"-option in the first view I did not read carefully enough and just took the root of the Dropbox-folder (I have both personal and work-folders synced). And then it warned me when I try to go to the next step that the folder does not end with ".opvault". But when I try to re-select the folder nothing happens (I assumed I could click the location-box and get the folder-picker again). It took me a while to find the "back arrow" in top left corner (using a 34" widescreen monitor and 1Password starts in a very big size).
    See screenshot 1 in https://imgur.com/a/5HIwI

Second thing was when I tried to login in this forum. Apparently I had not saved the e-mail correctly and 1Password wanted to update my information (worked as it should) but the dialog box was did then contain a horizontal scrollbar (that was able to scroll in superbly tiny amount of pixels) in the select list instead of making the whole window wider.
    See screenshot 2 in https://imgur.com/a/5HIwI

Regards,
    </Jonas>

• hAmpzter
    hAmpzter
    Community Member
    Options

Apparently my post was removed or something as my end-sign is html-code-like.. :blush:
    Anyhow. I just installed the new beta but I stumbled upon two things:

First is more or less a "to stressed and just clicked"-error. I chose "Dropbox" on the first page and was prompted to choose folder. Then I just chose the "Dropbox" that I have my vault on (I have both private and work Dropbox) and not the specific folder inside my Dropbox. So it warned me that the folder should end with .opvault or .agilekeychain . Then I tried to click the location-box and assumed that would pop up the folder select box again. But it didn't. And on my 34" super widescreen display it took me a while to find the back-arrow in the upper left corner.

Second is that there is a horizontal scrollbar that came up in the select-list when it wanted to try and update my password-information on logging in here (correct behavior). I would more want the whole window to be automatically wider instead of a scrollbar there though. The scrollbar alls covered a bit of the last selectable item in the list.

Regards,
    /Jonas

• hAmpzter
    hAmpzter
    Community Member
    Options

One more question: The auto-type feature. Is that one on schedule to be implemented?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Apparently my post was removed or something as my end-sign is html-code-like.. :blush:

@hAmpzter: Sorry about that. Just got stuck in the spam queue temporarily. I really don't think it had anything to do with HTML, as that's supported by the forum software. It's more likely that including multiple links got it flagged...though I can't account for why the same didn't happen to your next post. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Anyhow. I just installed the new beta but I stumbled upon two things:
    First is more or less a "to stressed and just clicked"-error. I chose "Dropbox" on the first page and was prompted to choose folder. Then I just chose the "Dropbox" that I have my vault on (I have both private and work Dropbox) and not the specific folder inside my Dropbox. So it warned me that the folder should end with .opvault or .agilekeychain . Then I tried to click the location-box and assumed that would pop up the folder select box again. But it didn't. And on my 34" super widescreen display it took me a while to find the back-arrow in the upper left corner.

Yep. Sorry for the trouble there. It's an issue we'll be addressing in an update. Glad you were able to work around that though. We just need to make it much clearer.

Second is that there is a horizontal scrollbar that came up in the select-list when it wanted to try and update my password-information on logging in here (correct behavior). I would more want the whole window to be automatically wider instead of a scrollbar there though. The scrollbar alls covered a bit of the last selectable item in the list.

That's interesting. I'm not seeing that here. Are you able to resize the window?

One more question: The auto-type feature. Is that one on schedule to be implemented?

There isn't a schedule per se, but it's definitely on our todo list. Thanks for letting us know it's important to you! :)

• hAmpzter
    hAmpzter
    Community Member
    Options

Yep. Sorry for the trouble there. It's an issue we'll be addressing in an update. Glad you were able to work around that though. We just need to make it much clearer.

Maybe it's just to move the back-button closer but I would prefer that:
    1. It automatically searched for a folder with the correct ending inside the chosen folder and presented an "Is this folder the one you want"-dialog
    2. I was able to click the box and have the folder-picker

That's interesting. I'm not seeing that here. Are you able to resize the window?

No. I'm not able to resize the window but it changes height when I switch between the tabs (Create New and Update Existing).

There isn't a schedule per se, but it's definitely on our todo list. Thanks for letting us know it's important to you! :)

Yeah.. I realized that I use it quite often as I'm often not able to paste content into some Remote Desktop-windows and some Citrix-windows.

One more question/comment

I also noticed when I try to unlock the chrome-plugin it will not focus on the input-field for the password. But maybe that was discussed earlier in this thread?

• MikeT
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hi @hAmpzter,

1. It automatically searched for a folder with the correct ending inside the chosen folder and presented an "Is this folder the one you want"-dialog
    2. I was able to click the box and have the folder-picker

That's what we're working on, integrating with the built-in Windows File Explorer to give us better control over what you're doing; it will take a bit of time to get it working for all use cases like opening a vault that's already in 1Password, existing OPVault folder, etc. It looks like this at the moment:

Going inside that folder will still select that folder, so no more of that ending message unless you're not using the right vault folder that does not match our expectations for OPVault or AgileKeychain.

If you do get the wrong folder, we'll pop up a separate dialog and you'll be taken back to the file picker.

No. I'm not able to resize the window but it changes height when I switch between the tabs (Create New and Update Existing).

The Save Login/Update existing Login window will be redesigned in a future update. It is not supposed to be resizable at the moment but we'll fix this.

Yeah.. I realized that I use it quite often as I'm often not able to paste content into some Remote Desktop-windows and some Citrix-windows.

If you bring up 1Password mini, search for the item you want and right-click on it, you can expand the copy menu for the username field to type the data into the focused field in your app (it'll show the list of running programs). Switch to the password field, bring up 1Password mini again, the last used item should be selected (it may be on the bottom of the list), so that you can right-click on it again to handle password field next.

I also noticed when I try to unlock the chrome-plugin it will not focus on the input-field for the password. But maybe that was discussed earlier in this thread?

We get scattered reports of this but we haven't been able to reproduce this consistently. Are you seeing this all the time and if yes, do you use a touchpad/trackpad?

• pauxus
    pauxus
    Community Member
    Options

Typo in the localization for German (Save Login - Update existing Dialog):

In English: "Would you like to update your password and username for the existing example.org Login in 1Password?"
    in German: "Passwort und Benutzernamen für %@ aktualisieren? example.org In 1Password einloggen?"

The marker for the replacement seems to be wrong. Also the translation itself is wrong, better would be:

"Möchten Sie Passwort und Benutzernamen für den existierenden <example.org> Login aktualisieren?"

Cheers,

Stephan

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @pauxus,

Thanks for reporting that! I'll pass it on to our translation team to review and fix this.

• Stanzilla
    Stanzilla
    Community Member
    Options

Any reason why 7 is not a 64bit app btw? As far as I remember, 4 already was one.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Stanzilla: What made you think so? 1Password 4 is 32-bit through and through, but the new app, starting from version 6.0 on, has been 64-bit from the start. You'll notice that Task Manager won't show "(32-bit)" next to its name like it does with version 4:

• Stanzilla
    Stanzilla
    Community Member
    Options
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Stanzilla: Hmm. I don't know how you've managed that. :lol:

Which Windows edition and system type do you have (Settings > System > About)? Also, have you set the app to run in "compatibility mode"?

This discussion has been closed.