1Password 7 Beta data location ?

dwk
dwk
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I've been using 1Password 4 as my daily driver and decided to try the new beta.
I backed up my data into my external hard drive and opened up the existing data using the new 1Password 7 beta
which is located in 'my documents'. Since then I accidentally deleted everything in 'my documents' folder and somehow
1Password 7 Beta still seems to work. I wonder where does the beta version store my data ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @dwk,

Thanks for writing in. It's been a while.

My comments in the other thread here will help explain the changes between 1Password 4 and 1Password 7.

You'll find the internal 1Password 7 database at %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password. The data folder contains your database.

Think of OPVault as external sync files meant for sharing with other computers and serve as individual backups while 1Password 7 itself is a central depository to hold all vaults you add, meaning you can now switch between various vaults without unlocking each one and you can view the content from all vaults at once. It makes it easier to organize and isolate your data into separate vaults.

• dwk
    dwk
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

Hi, thanks for the fast reply.
    Since I deleted OPVault folder in 'my document' how can I creat a backup or sync with other desktops using the current 1Password 7 Beta ?

• Hi @dwk,

At the moment, you can't because you've trashed the original vault along with its backup in the Documents folder. You can restore it manually from your backup or Recycle Bin if you haven't emptied it yet. 1Password should resume syncing with that folder in your Documents once restored.

At the moment, 1Password 7 Beta 1 automatically backs up any vault you open next to it, it'll create a daily backup for up to 90 days. When you make a change, you'll see vaultname.opvault_backup next to the vault you used to open in 1Password 7. In the next update, vault backups will be moved to its own dedicated Backup directory within %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password directory.

In addition, any existing OPVault you add to 1Password 7 will automatically be enabled with Folder Sync as OPVault is a sync'ing folder.

Creating a new standalone vault is not yet enabled in 1Password 7 Beta 1, that is coming in a future beta update. Once this is done, we'll add a dedicated Sync settings view for the vaults since you can have multiple standalone vaults without having syncing enabled and thus no OPVault folders either.

We're also going to add a more dedicated Backup view in 1Password settings soon.

I'd recommend reviewing our Known Issues if you haven't yet.

This discussion has been closed.