What addresses do I need to whitelist? - 3rd Party Filtering platform causing issues.

Options

As I'm based in a school we have filtering systems, which are interfering with 1Passwords ability to save a new Login/Passcode etc.
What addresses do I need to whitelist/unblock to allow me to save my secure information on 1Password?

Thanks,
sch_admin

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 Professional SP1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @sch_admin: It's hard to say what you might need to do without knowing more about what filtering systems are in place. We often share simple explanations of the process by which passwords are saved and filled, but that process is fairly complicated in reality. Could you describe a bit more of the trouble you're experiencing? Are you not seeing save prompts from 1Password? Is data not being saved properly when you tell it to? Also, if you could include the version of 1Password and the extension you're using, that would be super helpful. Thanks! :chuffed:

• sch_admin
    sch_admin
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate

To answer your questions;

We use SurfProtect (https://surfprotect.co.uk/education/) to filter content.
    I am able to click the '+' to create a new field, however once I have entered the details (ID, Password etc.) and I press 'Save' I receive an error. (See below link)

https://imgur.com/a/7fUYHix

I've used my account on my phone using 4G without issue, however when I use the Schools network this error occurs.

We're using a trial of 1Password 'Teams'

I hope this helps. :-)

Thanks,
    sch_admin

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sch_admin,

Thank you for the additional info! :+1:

First of all, it seems that you are using 1Password via web interface at 1Password.com in the browser. While you can do that, I would recommend you to use 1Password app and 1Password extension, as it is much more convenient. Here is how you can set it up:

Get the 1Password apps

For 1Password to have full access to 1Password.com servers, you will need to whitelist the access to 1Password.com domains on secure HTTPS port (443). Are you able to do that in SurfProtect? Please let us know. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• sch_admin
    sch_admin
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Greg & @bundtkate

I'll use the Windows Application & Chrome Extension, as there appears to be no issue using this on the network, as compared to the web interface.

I've added *.1password.com into the 'Allowed' list of URLs, but the issue still occurs - I imagine the resolution for this would take a lot of work, so I think I'll leave it. :chuffed:

Thanks,
    Fraser

• @sch_admin: While you can do quite a lot in the desktop apps, there are still some things you'll need to do on 1Password.com, such as managing permissions and billing, just to name a couple examples. If you have enough folks with access to devices that don't have this filtering system in place to handle this, then you may be alright, but I figure it's better to give you a heads up now, just in case.

SurfProtect doesn't look to have much in the way of online documentation that might help me point you in the right direction, but hopefully their support would be able to assist you in whitelisting 1Password.com properly if needed. Of course, if they have questions along the way that we can help out with, we're happy to. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.