To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Empty notes field

Options
andrew_hicks
andrew_hicks
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Memberships

I've just used the version 7 release as the occasion to subscribe - and am testing functionality. I created a new secure note - but when saved I don't see the text - its just a white blank space. When I edit the note, I see the text. I have used markdown in some lines, but none of the text shows up in the note once I click the save button. I'm on a Mac - is there something extra to do to be able to see the text of a note once logged in?

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:empty notes

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @andrew_hicks

Hmm. 🤔 That is quite strange. Are you able to view the contents of this note if you log in to the 1Password.com web interface?

Ben

• andrew_hicks
    andrew_hicks
    Community Member
    Options

Yes - I can see the content of the note on the website interface - but not in iOS or MacOS - note field appears empty and needs to go into edit mode to see content.

• andrew_hicks
    andrew_hicks
    Community Member
    Options

It’s a bit random - not sure why. Most of my other notes (imported from version 6) have visible text. One or two are also not visible, and it doesn’t seem related to length of the text in the note. I just created a few from the iPad - and I can see the text. But I copied the text from the note I can’t see into a new note, and I don’t see it o the iPad. Hmmm.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@andrew_hicks: Is this text to entered manually, or did you copy and paste it from somewhere else? I've seen some cases where the latter put some weird (sometimes hidden) characters there which caused some issues like this.

This discussion has been closed.