To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Trying to reset master password, but also wanted to cancel subscription as well.

Options
ohnickmoy
ohnickmoy
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Memberships

Hello!

I wanted to give 1Password a shot and it worked well! Too well lol...

I forgot my master password and so I now understand the process to resetting my information

However, I believe my trial is still on-going and will be charged $35 by the middle of August, so I wish to cancel that before hand. That's why its a mixed topic of memberships and charging.

Since I forgot my master password, will I still be billed after the trial period is up, and if so, how can i cancel that?

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.4.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @ohnickmoy! If you created a 1password.com account and you've forgotten the Master Password, then your data will be unrecoverable, unfortunately. We never know your Master Password nor your Secret Key, and we don't have the means to obtain them.

If you signed up directly with us, then unless you added a payment method in the Billing section, you won't be charged anything (what would we use to bill you, if you never gave us billing information!). If you subscribed via Apple's in-app purchase, then you should use these instructions to cancel your subscription with Apple, since we have no control over that payment method. Hope that helps, but let us know if you have any further questions.

• macfred
    macfred
    Community Member
    Options

Try to reset master password. Emails ignored for over a week. Help!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@macfred - I'm sorry for the trouble -- but I'm also a bit confused. I went searching for emails from you (using the address you registered for this forum with) and found you'd already been speaking with two or three of my colleagues. Looks like they're already in the process of assisting you, so rather than try to open up yet another channel of conversation, let's just keep the discussion going via email. Thanks. :)

This discussion has been closed.