Browser extension completely unresponsive!

Options
joaov777
joaov777
Community Member
edited September 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello there,

I've been using 1Password now for a while and it's been working impeccably. However, for the past few days, the browser extension has not been working properly. What happens is that anytime I click on it (browser extension), nothing happens. It literally continues as if nothing happened for a couple of seconds and suddenly it starts showing the messages that you can see on the images attached. I only had such issue on Linux and it only happened on Opera. Basically, as I see it, the extension is unable to reach the desktop app and then nothing happens as I try to use it.

Side notes:

• I've tested it in different browsers and performed restarts on the browsers as well as on the machines.
  • The desktop app is properly installed.
  • The browser extension is properly installed and activated.
  • 1Password X on linux is working without a problem.

Please, come up with a possible fix for this because it would help me a lot.
Thanks in advance,

Joao Galvino

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi @joaov777,

Thanks for reporting this.

You didn't list the 1Password/extension/OS version information in your post, we need that to help you figure this out.

Can you confirm your browsers are up to date? That error you're seeing is a sign of Native Messaging not working anymore, which we've seen in Chrome when it has pending updates. If you are using Chrome, check for updates manually and install it. Then restart Chrome and see if 1Password works.

• joaov777
    joaov777
    Community Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hello @MikeT .
    Thanks for your quick response.

Firefox Quantum - 62.0 (64-bit) - Up to date
    Firefox Developer Edition - 63.0b3 (64-bit) - Up to date
    Chrome - Versão 69.0.3497.81 (Versão oficial) 64 bits - Up to date

OS - Windows 10 Pro x64

1Password Desktop app - version 7.2.576

1Password extension - 4.7.3.90

• Restarted all the browsers and it wouldn't work.
    • Removed the extension from all browsers and restarted them all. Installed all the extensions and the problem is still the same.
  • Hi @joaov777,

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• joaov777
    joaov777
    Community Member
    Options

Hey, @MikeT

Just sent the diagnostics as well the requested information by e-mail.

Thanks for the support. I'll be waiting for any news on this.

Joao Galvino

• joaov777
    joaov777
    Community Member
    Options

By the way, just tested from a different machine with the same OS, browser, desktop app and extensions installed and the problem was still the same. I have also realized that after continuous clicks on the browser extension, it popped up but obviously without responsiveness. Totally random.

• Hi @joaov777,

That's odd.

On the first PC, open the main 1Password app, unlock and then wait about 1-2 minutes for the background sync to finish.

Now, open your browser and see if 1Password extension responds.

• joaov777
    joaov777
    Community Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

The problem remains the same. It is as if the extension is disabled. I click on it and nothing happens.

I've checked the extension and it is properly installed and activated. It had been working properly and suddenly this problem has started.

I wonder if I'm the only one dealing with this.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @joaov777,

I see that Kate has already replied to your email. Please check your inbox and let's continue our conversation there. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: ZCK-53927-926

• joaov777
    joaov777
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, @Greg
    Thanks for your response. I've just replied the e-mail. I haven't been able to find the folder within %appdata%. There is no folder "1password" within %appdata%. So I couldn't progress any further from such point.

I hope I can get this issue fixed in due time since manually clicking on the desktop browser and searching for the entries is extremely time consuming after a while.

Thanks in advance for any further assistance.

Att,
    Joao Galvino

• Hi @joaov777,

There's a typo in Kate's email, it is %LOCALAPPDATA%. I'll reply to your email.

• joaov777
    joaov777
    Community Member
    Options

Hello there, @MikeT .
    I've restored my machine to a previous moment in time. I reinstalled everything regarding 1Password and it started working just fine again. Thanks for all the workarounds and troubleshooting options. It definitely helped me a lot.

1Password is still my first and only choice when it comes to Password Managers.

Thank you all.

Att,
    Joao Galvino - IT Technician.

• I'm glad you got it to work now.

On behalf of the team, you're welcome. If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.