Reused passwords from different vaults

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

I have a shared vault with my brother so we can share some passwords, and since I have those same passwords on my personal vault, I am now getting a 'reused password' message, which I was not getting before. Any way I can remove that and keep it like it was before? Thank you in advance!

1Password Version: 7.2 BETA 2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.14 Beta 11
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @tomasilheu ,

Currently there isn't a way to "ignore" a re-used password, but it is something we can look at in the future, especially since they are for the same site/username.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Hi! It's weird, because I've been using 1Password for a few months and today, after updating to the 7.2 beta, was the first time that I noticed it like this. I'm going to downgrade to the 7.1.2 version and double check. Thank you once again.

• Hi @tomasleale ,

There's no need to downgrade to check. This change was made on purpose. It's important to warn people if they're using the same password on different sites, and it shouldn't matter if their login item is not in the vault they have selected. We want this functionality. What we don't have yet, is a way to ignore special cases like yours. We'll have to look into the best way of handling these cases.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• valharp515
    valharp515
    Community Member

I think it's fine to remind users - but for those of us who have been reminded and think once is enough, an option to turn the "nag" off if we wish to would be appreciated. You are right that it is important and I appreciate that - but I also appreciate software that helps and then gets out of the way once I make my own decision to act or not. Thank you for a marvelous product - one of the best in my toolbox!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@valharp515 - you're quite right, that a way to adjust this without losing the entire point of the feature would be helpful to many people. As ag_kevin said up above, we're looking into the best ways to do this, so thanks for your patience (as well as the kind words), and stay tuned! :)

• HButah
    HButah
    Community Member

Just updated to 7.2.1 and now practically every login has the reused password warning. Very annoying! I do not have reused passwords! How do I get rid of this??

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@HButah - if you have duplicated items in multiple vaults/accounts, then those items will indeed show up as re-used passwords because, to 1Password, they ARE re-used: they occur more than once in your total dataset. Right now, there's no way to dismiss this warning, but we have some changes to the Re-used Passwords feature coming in a future update.

• sjmagy
    sjmagy
    Community Member

Add me to the list of people annoyed by the current functionality; reused passwords are obviously bad but when it's for the exact same site and is literally an item that was duplicated / shared to another vault(s) via 1Password's own "Copy to Vault" function, it should not be flagged as a reused password.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@sjmagy - please update to the most-recent 7.2.2 release of 1Password 7 for Mac -- many of these issues have been addressed in the current version. :)

• sjmagy
    sjmagy
    Community Member

I literally got the prompt to update one minute after I added the comment. For a second I thought I was omnipotent. :)
    Thanks for getting this addressed!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@sjmagy - you are. We did this just for you. ;)

No, seriously, it was just serendipity, but I'm glad it came at the right time for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.