Menu bar app - list of names on the left side it TOO NARROW. need it WIDER.

dealtek
dealtek
Community Member

When I am in a browser and need a login - i use the 1P Menu bar app on top

• then cmd\

• then use search box - get result

• now we have a left and right window area

• problem: the login search result list of names on the left side is TOO NARROW. I can't resize it to make it wider.

Problem is I have longer names and the important part is at the end SO IT IS NOT SHOWING - therefore not good

Can you Update the menu app so we can resize the left part to make it wider?

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: latest i think
OS Version: sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @dealtek ,

Thanks for letting us know. We are planning some improvements to that window, so we'll keep that in mind.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member

GREAT - Glad to hear it. Thanks for getting back so fast.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dealtek - on behalf of ag_kevin, you're quite welcome. Glad he was able to shed some light on the roadmap. :)

• xz4gb8
    xz4gb8
    Community Member

@dealtek stole my thunder. Only I was going to ask why the sidebar width is not adjustable.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@xz4gb8 - it's something we're looking into for a future update, as ag_kevin mentions. :)

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member

Curious if we are getting any closer on this. It is really needed. A buddy of mine went back to Version 6 mostly because of this issue. I might need to also.

All it needs is a a grab bar to re position the left width.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dealtek - we don't normally pre-announce release dates for new features, as many factors (some beyond our control) affect them. Please stay tuned. 😀

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member

ok well - question - was this feature available in version 6? ... cause I'll go back to that if it is ...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dealtek - on a general note, we can't recommend people "revert" to legacy versions that are no longer receiving development attention. That said, we're also well aware we can't stop people from doing so...but we do feel it's important to make clear we can't recommend that as any sort of long-term (or even temporary, frankly) solution.

That said, 1Password 6 for Mac was different. The mini was not adjustable-width, so if you had particularly long titles for items, and the information that was relevant to you was at the right of the item, then it's conceivable you would've had the same problem there that you're experiencing in version 7. 1Password 6 for Mac did have the flyout menus, so that when you hovered on an item, you'd see a mouseover window with the full record displayed (which would of course allow you to see the full item title). 1Password 7 for Mac does not have the flyout menu specifically. But you can achieve nearly the same thing with the arrow keys on your keyboard, relatively quickly. Hope that helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.