Backup from 1Password version 3.8.22 to version 7

lelloxan
lelloxan
Community Member

Hello there
As a title i'm looking for a solution to export from old version to the latest, i tried to do it but after export i cannot restore from ver. 7 because it doesn't recognize the file agilekeychain_zip
Please we need help because the old version doesn't work with the new OS 10.14
Thanks
Raffaele

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @lelloxan! If you have 1Password 3 for Mac, you'll need to be careful; that's a very old version of 1Password, and the upgrade process is certainly possible, but you need to be careful about how you go about it. We've actually got a great guide for helping you do just that. Please follow those instructions, and let us know if you have any difficulties or follow-up questions. Good luck! :)

• lelloxan
    lelloxan
    Community Member

Thanks Lars
    I did it but when I done and i'm going to open the program says "1Password 7 can not be synchronized with Agile Keychain files" I already saw the article "How to switch to the OPVault format from Agile Keychain" but i didn't find the solution
    Let me know
    Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@lelloxan - right - in 1Password 7 for Mac, we formally retired the older Agile Keychain format. It's been deprecated as the preferred format for sync keychain for a while now, but with version 7 we decided to fully retire it. So you'll need to convert each one you have. To do that, create a standalone vault, then click File > Import and choose the top option: "1Password Keychain":

Then, navigate to the Dropbox location of your existing Agile Keychain, and import the data. Finally, go to Preferences > Sync and turn ON Syncing to Dropbox, and it will write out a new OPVault keychain. If you use 1Password on other devices, you'll need to do the same thing there -- note, do NOT create new keychains on those devices, just turn OFF syncing (from the Agile Keychain), then turn it back ON and use the OPVault instead. Hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.