Upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac upgrade issue

Options
MargyK
MargyK
Community Member

Previously had 1Password 6. The upgrade transferred all of my info to the 1Password 7, and I now have two vaults for one user (myself), but I don't know which is the new one and how I can delete the old.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac.Ended up with double of everything. How do you know what is the old data base?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MargyK - if you've migrated your data into 1Password 7 for Mac, and you created a 1password.com membership in the process, then you may have one vault called Primary and another one called either Personal or Private. If that's the case then the former one - Primary - is the original (old) one. Since all the data was transferred, that's the one you can/should delete, in order to complete the transition.

Before you try deleting it, however, make SURE you can sign into your 1password.com account in a browser. Open your browser and visit your sign-in URL (https://my.1password.com for an Individual account), and sign in. If you're able to do that successfully, then close the browser window and return to 1Password 7 for Mac. Open Preferences > Advanced and UN-check the box marked "Allow creation of vaults outside 1password accounts." This will remove your Primary vault and leave you running only your 1password.com vault.

If the vaults you have are NOT named Personal or Private, and/or you know you didn't create a 1password.com account, then please tell me what the vaults names are. Thanks! :)

• MargyK
    MargyK
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Lars! It worked like a charm!!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MargyK - glad to hear it! :)

This discussion has been closed.