Need Help Merging Vaults

Options

Ive been a 1password user for a few years now.

I started on my personal mac with version 6.8.9 - the version I still use there. I use Chrome on my macbook, currently version 70.0.3538.77. The extension on my mac is 4.7.3.90. My primary vault for the macbook is synced with dropbox. (1Password.agilekeychain).

I recently got a new work laptop, and I purchased version 7 for it. I believe I imported the passwords over into the laptop, but I fear that I now have two different vaults, as the password data doesnt always match across all devices anymore. 1Password version on the laptop is 7.2.501, chrome extension is 4.7.3.90, windows 10.130. The PC laptop is synced with dropbox, but to 1Password.opvault.

How do I get all of my devices back in the same keychain/vault? Do I have to purchase version 7 again for my personal mac?

Thanks,
Nick

1Password Version: 7.2.501
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10.130
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:merging vaults

Comments

• Hey, @nicholasfagan! No need to upgrade on Mac (unless you want to, of course). 1Password 7 only supports OPVault, so rather than opening that Agile Keychain vault, it should have converted your data to OPVault. 1Password 6 for Mac, however, supports both Agile Keychain and OPVault so you'll ultimately want to point the Mac to the OPVault your PC is using and they should stay in sync from there.

That said, it sounds like you're already a bit out of sync – is one device fully up-to-date, by chance? If so, which – Mac or PC? Depending on which device has your best data, you'll likely want to handle this a bit differently. :+1:

• nicholasfagan
    nicholasfagan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Kate.

The PC OPVault is mostly more current.

Does the license I purchased for 1P7 cover me on the Mac for the upgrade, or do I need to buy a new upgrade for the mac?

Also, another wrinkle - when I imported from mac to PC, I must have brought them over 3 times, as everything is in triplicate on the PC. Further, when attempting to delete the duplicate items on the PC, 1P7 desktop version is painfully slow - 12-13 seconds to "move to trash". Is there a faster way to eliminate the duplicate entries I now have in OPVault?

Thanks
    Nick

• @nicholasfagan: It's no trouble at all! To answer your license question, licenses are sold per platform, so if you'd like to upgrade on Mac as well, you'd need to purchase a Mac license. On the triplicate front, rather than my interrogating you about the various possible reasons one might have ended up with dupes (or trupes, I guess? We need a short word for "triplicate"), let's take a quick peek instead. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com. Don't post them here. This is a public forum and while your diagnostics don't contain anything about your 1Password data, they do include some information (like the name of your PC) that you may not want to share with the entire internet.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and take a peek. This way, I can look at exactly what data made the trip to 1Password 7 and how so that I can more quickly identify any shortcuts for tidying up without the need for any extensive back and forth and having you dig around your app. Plus, it'll help me be more specific in giving instructions to point your Mac app to the right vault if you need help on that front as well. :chuffed:

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• nicholasfagan
    nicholasfagan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Kate!

Trupes sounds good to me, let's start the new word!

BitBot said - #PDF-88271-252

Please let me know what you think.

Nick

• Thanks so much, @nicholasfagan! I found your ticket and am taking a peek. I'll get back to you via reply e-mail with thoughts as soon as I've looked things over. :chuffed:

ref: PDF-88271-252

This discussion has been closed.