1Password stopped working after MacOS update

Brian_McCloskey
Brian_McCloskey
Community Member
edited November 2018 in Mac

My MacBook Air recently had the latest security update for OS and now 1Password does not work in Safari. It recognises the websites I am trying to log in to but when I click on the link in 1Password mini window, nothing happens and the details don't fill in the website.
I have a subscription and 1Password v7.1.2 - if I click on "check for updates" it comes back with "You are up to date. Thank you for running the latest version of 1Password!" but I think there is v7.2.1 available?

I am on High Sierra 10.13.6 (my Air is too old for Mojave) & Safari 12.0

Suggestions?

PS. The same combination of 1Password 7.1.2, Ext 4.7.3, and OS 10.13.6 stills works on my iMac....

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: OS 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Brian_McCloskey - the first thing I'd recommend is restarting your Mac, and the second thing I'd recommend is re-installing the 1Password extension in Safari (and of course, making sure it's enabled).

However, you're correct that there is indeed version 7.2.1 out, and the reason it doesn't show up is that you're still on macOS 10.13 (“High Sierra”). macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”) comes standard with Safari 12, which has significant changes to the extension framework, but for earlier versions of macOS, Safari 12 is an optional download. In 7.1.2, we're still using the older-style of extension which will work with older versions of Safari, but in 7.2, we switched over entirely to the new framework, which doesn't include support for the older version of extension. So, we've held back on pushing any updates past 7.1.2 for those on pre-Mojave, because we can't be sure they're on Safari 12 yet -- and if they're not, installing 7.2 or higher would immediately make 1Password unusable in Safari.

Since you have installed Safari 12, I'd recommend you visit our downloads page and grab the full package installer for 7.2.1. Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), and then run the installer, and when you're done, you should have 7.2.1 installed -- and the new 7.2.1 Safari App Extension. Let me know how that goes for you. :)

• Brian_McCloskey
    Brian_McCloskey
    Community Member

Thanks Lars. 7.2.1 now installed and working on my MacBook Air.
    Not sure why 1Password 7.1.2 continued to work on my iMac with the same OS 10.13.6 and Safari 12.0.1 setup, but I guess I should update that to 7.2.1. now too?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Brian_McCloskey - why not? I mean that seriously, not rhetorically: if you have a good reason NOT to, then you can hold off for a bit. But if there's nothing stopping you, then sure, go ahead. :)

This discussion has been closed.