Upgraded to Mojave and now Chrome extension won't fill in info

zooiiks
zooiiks
Community Member

Hi. So I upgraded to Mojave and ever since I've been having trouble with the IPassword extension. Every time I click to fill in info, a "Welcome To IPassword 7" message pops up. I never updated from 6 to 7 so I can't figure out why this is happening. I can manually copy passwords and usernames, but that message pops up any time I try to do it automatically. Please help! Many thanks!

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: macOS Mojave version 10.14.1
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @zooiiks! If you're certain you haven't upgraded from 1Password 6 for Mac to version 7, then I'm not sure what might be happening; can you please take a screenshot of the pop-up you’re seeing, and post it here? Thanks!

• zooiiks
    zooiiks
    Community Member

Thanks so much Lars! Here's what keeps popping up:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@zooiiks - thanks for the screenshot. That message is most definitely generated by 1Password 7 for Mac; it can't be obtained any other way. So although I know you said "I never updated from 6 to 7 so I can't figure out why this is happening," you (or someone else with access to your computer) have indeed done so. Go to your Applications folder, and you'll see 1Password 7 listed.

What this means is that you'll need to do one of three things:

1. Delete 1Password 7 for Mac and return to 1Password 6 for Mac (which I don't recommend, but you can do)
    2. Become a 1password.com member (that's the large green button in the pop-up above, and my recommendation, for many reasons.
    3. Purchase a standalone license for 1Password 7 for Mac -- that's the first link under the large green button: ("Need a license?")

Let me know if you have any questions about any of those options.

This discussion has been closed.