What can I do about 1P crashing/freezing more and more in mojave - seems increasingly unstable?

sberley
sberley
Community Member

In recent weeks I've been finding that 1P is more and more unstable - often freezing up and sometimes crashing. Often I have to force kill it once a day.

What can be done about this?

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mojave (up to date)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:crashing/freezing more and more in mojave - increasingly unstable

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @sberley! I'm sorry for the trouble! The very first thing I'd suggest you do is update to the most-recent version, which contains some stability fixes for people in certain conditions. Please click 1Password > Check for Updates and let it update, then see how things go from there -- and if you haven't restarted your Mac in a while (like: if you can't remember the last time you restarted), do that as well. Let us know if you continue to have problems.

• sberley
    sberley
    Community Member

Hmmmmmm...... don't see check for updates...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@sberley - ah, you're on the Mac App Store version, that's why. Version 7.2.2 has already been released on our downloads page, but it hasn't yet finished going through Apple's approval process (that's one of the advantages of using our version -- you get updates more quickly). 7.2.2 should be available for you soon via the Mac App Store's updates process.

• sberley
    sberley
    Community Member

thanks - How do I switch over to the direct version?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@sberley
    1. Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu).
    2. Delete 1Password 7 for Mac. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to the Trash.
    3. Visit our downloads page and download 7.2.2 from the main page
    4. Run the installer.

When you launch it, everything will be as it was, but you'll be on version 7.2.2.

• sberley
    sberley
    Community Member

Updated - thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• nauticalmac
    nauticalmac
    Community Member

newly installed v7.2.2 on clean install of Mojave 10.14.1 crashing every 5 mins. Nothing else installed except dropbox.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@nauticalmac - Sorry to hear about the difficulty! Can you give us a little more information, please? You've got a brand-new copy of Mojave, and nothing other than Dropbox (except system software) on it, plus 1Password 7 for Mac, version 7.2.2? And...what's happening, specifically? "crash" doesn't really help us narrow it down much. Did you re-install macOS? Is this is a new Mac? Do you use any app cleaners/uninstallers? Under what circumstances do you notice the problem?

• nauticalmac
    nauticalmac
    Community Member

2 year old Mac mini, Brand newly installed Mojave 10.14.1, after an erase disk only dropbox and 1Password 7.2.2 installed still using dropbox sync but having the trial version message. RHS of 1Pass record was jumping as if I was fiddling with the scrollbar then window disappeared and 'Application 1Password Quit unexpectedly message. However, this morning I created an account, went through the conversion to use it and now everything seems to be working.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@nauticalmac - well, all's well that ends well, I suppose? :) Seriously, glad to hear you've straightened things out. Please let us know if you run into any further issues.

• nauticalmac
    nauticalmac
    Community Member

I suspect it was happening while the records were being converted v6->v7, we have over 1,000 records.

• nauticalmac
    nauticalmac
    Community Member

Forgot to add, 1Password quit on my laptop while duplicating the old (primary?) records to create the new (personal) set. This was an upgrade from v6 to v7 situation. When restarted, it finally sorted itself out so I'm in good shape.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2018

@nauticalmac - :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.