Version 7.2.2 Recent update broke 1password7? 15 second delay to open? Chrome extension broken?

rvosatka
rvosatka
Community Member

1password7 has taken a distinct downturn:
1) In Firefox, clicking the extension leads to a wait of 15 seconds before pop up, pops up. version 4.7.3.90
2) Chrome extension only brings up a white box (only this and nothing more, quoth the raven "nevermore")
Chrome extension version is also 4.7.3.90

How can I downgrade to prior (working) versions?

1Password Version: 7.22
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.14.1
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• alexcr
    alexcr
    Community Member

I'm also having problems with 7.2.2 – the floating 1Password panel (née 1Password Mini) won't appear when Safari is the frontmost app. I tried disabling and re-enabling the Safari extension, and restarting the 1Password Extension Helper, but no dice. I've downgraded to 7.2.1 for now (you can get previous releases from the release history page.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rvosatka - I'm sorry for the trouble! However, I can't recommend you reinstall a previous version of 1Password as any kind of long-term solution. Many users (myself included) are using 1Password 7 for Mac just fine with both Firefox and Chrome, which means the best thing to do is probably try to see what's amiss in your specific setup rather than to try moving backwards. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#VUW-64631-419]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @rvosatka only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: VUW-64631-419

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @alexcr! I'm sorry for the trouble -- but here again, that doesn't sound like a path forward to me. I understand keeping a working copy of 1Password is probably somewhere between important and critical for you, but if there's a genuine problem with 7.2.2 and you solve it by reverting to 7.2.1, the problem doesn't get fixed.

Can you tell me what specific version of macOS you're using, what specific version of Safari, and how you're trying to invoke the 1Password mini? Thanks.

• alexcr
    alexcr
    Community Member

Thanks for getting back to me @Lars. I agree with you that staying on an old version indefinitely isn't a true solution, but at the time I unfortunately didn't have time to try to fix it. I gave it another go a few days later, and the upgrade went smoothly that time. I'm not sure what, if anything, I did differently – although it's likely I rebooted my Mac at some point between my upgrade attempts.

So I'm not sure how useful I can now be in tracking down the problem, but for reference, this happened on macOS 10.14.1, Safari 12.0.1. I usually invoke 1Password Mini with a keyboard shortcut, but at the time I remember trying the Safari toolbar icon for 1Password and having the same problem.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@alexcr - well, if the problem has resolved itself and you can't think of or didn't notice anything you did differently, then it's going to likely be a fruitless search at this point to try to forensically and retroactively try to figure out what may have been wrong on a system setup that no longer exists. I'm glad things are working for you now, but let us know if you run into any further difficulties. :)

This discussion has been closed.