How the heck do I get this data into another app?

So 1pif isn't used anymore. CSV is just broken and TXT doesn't work in the app I want to use it in. So how the heck do I get my data from 1password to another at this point? I am on 1password 7 now. It's driving me nuts. I can not go through every single item in here and re-add it to another app. This is just horrible.

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Wolfen420

1PIF is the best export format we offer but it would be up to the program you're trying to import into to support importing it. What is the difficulty you're having with the CSV export? That should work as well, and most destinations should support it.

Ben

• Wolfen420
    Wolfen420
    Community Member

I can’t seem to export 1pif format. I’m in latest 1Password mind you. The csv exports seem to carry hardly any data. Passwords are not stored there and it’s just a mess. :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Wolfen420: Sorry for the confusion. 1Password for Windows version 7 uses 1PIF to import, since that's 1Password's native format, but it exports to CSV since that's more compatible. You're right that CSV isn't sufficient for some of the 1Password's more advanced data structures though, and we'll be adding more export options in the future. For now, you could use 1Password 4 to export a 1PIF from an OPVault. If you need help with that, shoot us an email at support+windows@1password.com and post the Support ID here so we can go over the details.

• Wolfen420
    Wolfen420
    Community Member

Thanks @brenty [#PGZ-17713-612]

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Wolfen420,

I have found your email on our side and we will get back to you soon. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

ref: PGZ-17713-612

This discussion has been closed.