"Attempt to write a readonly database" error on iMac 5K after clean install of Mojave

hagenhenke
hagenhenke
Community Member

I had to clean install macOS Mojave to my iMac 5K because of a sound output problem. I am using a new User now. My iMac runs fine now but I get the error message "Attempt to write a readonly database" every time I edit something in my data.

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: not active
OS Version: macOS 10.14.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @hagenhenke

This is the result of a file system permission issue, which can result from using Time Machine, Migration Assistant, or other means of copying files from one computer or user account to another. To resolve this please open the Terminal app. You can find it by searching in Spotlight. With Terminal open please copy and paste this exact text into the Termainl window:

sudo chown "${USER}" ~/Library/Group\ Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/Library/Application\ Support/1Password/Data/*.sqlite

(there should be no new lines in the entered text)

Once entered press the return / enter key on your keyboard. You will likely be prompted for your macOS user account password. Terminal will not show anything as the password is being entered. This is normal. Type in the password and then again hit the return / enter key. Then restart your Mac.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• hagenhenke
    hagenhenke
    Community Member

Worked fine. Thank you.

• Thanks forthe update. Glad to hear that worked. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.