Keep 1Password open while iMac is on. App shuts off and requires Master Password to restart.

nelomelo
nelomelo
Community Member

After I log in to 1Password, I want the program to stay open until I close it.
Now, it closes by itself and I have to reenter my master password after about 15 minutes whenever I attempt to open a new app.
How do I change this setting

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Keep 1Password open while iMac is on. App shuts off and requires Master Password to restart.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@nelomelo - so, let's make sure we're talking about the same things, here. If 1Password is actually quitting or crashing, that's definitely something going wrong that we need to address. If it's simply locking after a period of time or under certain conditions (but the app itself remains running), then that's totally expected (and adjustable) behavior.

Assuming you meant the latter, you can adjust the conditions under which 1Password will lock and require the Master Password, in Preferences > Security. You can't set 1Password to never require your Master Password, since the Master Password is what actually derives your encryption key that transforms your data from ciphertext to something readable by humans and machines...but you can greatly vary the strictness. Let us know if you have any questions regarding any of the setting. Hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.