To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Cannot switch to individual account

dqniellew
dqniellew
Community Member

Hi, I recently commenced a trial of a 1password family account, but have decided that an individual account would suit me better. I tried to switch to an individual account but when I opted for the individual account option, the following message appeared:

"Failed to switch to individual account.
An individual account with this email address already exists."

Prior to the present trial I have never previously held a 1password account of any kind so I'm very confused about this message. When I installed 1password, I did this by installing the family account first via the 1password website on my personal computer and then I installed the 1password App on my iPhone. The version of 1password that I'm using is 7.2.2.

I'd really like to continue my trial of 1password with just a single individual account. Can you please help?

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS High Sierra 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• What Anap outlined does indeed sound like the situation. So that we can confirm (or deny) and assist going forward please reach out to us via email at sales@1password.com from the email address associated with your 1Password account. When you do so you'll get a support ID back from BitBot. Please post that ID here so that we can assist. Thank you.

Ben

• britdavis
    britdavis
    Community Member

Hello,

I am having this same issue. I'm currently in my trial period with a family account but would like to continue with a individual account. Please advise.

Thank you!

• Hi @britdavis

Please see the instructions I posted above:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/476632/#Comment_476632

Once you post your support ID here we'll be able to better assist. Thanks!

Ben

• britdavis
    britdavis
    Community Member

ID is [#HKN-82756-234]

• britdavis
    britdavis
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

Following up on assistance required to change to an individual account. ID number as requested is above.

Thank you,

• Thanks @britdavis, we'll follow up over email!

This discussion has been closed.