1password7 Problems with login and delete (german)

Herrdietz
Herrdietz
Community Member

Hi, besitze seit heute eine 30-Tage Testversion und kann mich mit meinem MASTER-Passwort online und auf dem iPhone gut einloggen. Jedoch beim Versuch die APP 1password7 mit dem gleichen MASTER-Passwort zu öffnen, scheitert auch trotz Neustart immer wieder. Der Versuch die APP (und alle Library-Bestandteile) zu löschen, gelang ebensowenig: "… kann nicht in den Papierkorb gelegt werden, da es geöffnet ist". Auch hier trotz Neustart und geschlossenem Browser (Safari) war kein Löschen möglich.

Folgender Kreislauf macht mich fertig: Die Safari-Extension kann erst dann gelöscht werden, wenn die App gelöscht ist. Diese kann nicht gelöscht werden, da sie noch geöffnet ist. Das MASTER-Passwort funktioniert nicht.

Meine Frage: liegt das am der Testversion? Habe ich etwas übersehen?

Bitte um schnelle Hilfe und bedanke mich schon im Voraus für eine gut gemeinte Antwort.
Andreas

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.4 (70204000) AgileBits Sto
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Herrdietz! No, you're not missing anything; this is a function of the fact that the Safari App Extension and the main 1Password app are now a single process. That means you can't delete the app if Safari is still running. The second issue - using the older Master Password in 1Password for Mac - is a function of you having previous 1Password data in 1Password for Mac, prior to upgrading to a 1password.com account. Can I ask: do you have what you would consider a complete and up-to-date copy of your 1Password data in your 1Password account vault(s), when you view them online at https://my.1password.com in a browser? If so, then in 1Password for Mac, you can click Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password Data, which will do exactly that: delete all your 1Password data in 1Password on your Mac, so the next time you start 1Password, it will be as if you are a new user, and you can sign in using your 1password.com account. Let me know how that works for you. :)

• Herrdietz
    Herrdietz
    Community Member

Dear Lars,
    thank you very much for helping!
    "That means you can't delete the app if Safari is still running" – even if I quit Safari first it won't work either.
    I don't know exactly what caused my above problem. intuitively I tried to delete all data from my computer and use a new password. One day later everything worked as it should. Until now.
    I think I used your proposal: Reset all 1Password Data. So you might be right. ;)
    thank you very much.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Herrdietz - you do also have to make certain you've fully quit 1Password before you can delete it. To quit 1Password 7 Completely, type ^⌥⌘Q (or just hold down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu).

This discussion has been closed.