1Password7 Autofill no longer working on Mojave

Options
scottwbailey
scottwbailey
Community Member

Autofill no longer working.
Application still works, but when on a site and clicking the extension, the options still open correctly, but when I chose the corresponding account it does not autofill. I can copy paste, but no filling in.

1Password 7.2.4
Safari 12.0.2
maOS Mojave 10.14.2

I tried quitting completely (command, option, control Q), trash and empty trash of 1Password app, check extension is gone, restart computer, check for updates on Safari and 1Password (neither) then re-download and open and try and still not autofilling.

Does not work on my MacBook Pro either, same config as above.

Does work fine on my iPhone Xs Max, iOS 12.1.3

Any advice?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password7 Autofill no longer working on Mojave

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

It should autoFILL by pressing cmd-\, but due to security changes by Apple it won't autoSUBMIT any longer.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@scottwbailey - I'm sorry for the trouble! Two other things to check, in addition to what danco mentioned:

1. Is 1Password authorized (i.e. - do you have either a standalone license applied or a 1password.com membership signed in), and
    2. Are both the browser that you're using and 1Password itself located in your main /Applications folder? If not, you'll need to close whichever app is not in Applications and move it over, then re-launch. Let me know if that's the issue or if we need to dig a little deeper.
  • scottwbailey
    scottwbailey
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars, thanks for yours and @Danco's replies. I did notice that the fill-in is working on some sites, not others. Weird. Bank of America for example where it always worked before, is no longer working. So it appears it is intermittent perhaps due to the actual site vendor. I will try the shortcut @Danco provided.

Also, yes, my Safari and 1Password are both located in my Applications folder.

Thanks for any additional discoveries.

Best,

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@scottwbailey - the ⌘\ shortcut isn't magic, it's a keyboard-based way of invoking the open & fill command. If that's not working, either globally or just on a given site or two, using the keyboard commands won't fix that issue. Websites don't often change how their sign-in pages are laid out or function...but it's not unheard of. I have fielded more than one issue regarding Bank of America lately, which leads me to suspect they probably did alter how things are done just enough to break some 1Password users' saved items for BofA. Fortunately, the solution for that seems to be quite easy: just use our directions for how to manually save a login in 1Password for Mac, and you should be able to create a new item that functions perfectly. Let me know how/if that works for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.