1password7 syncing in disarray

redhat
redhat
Community Member

Hello,

I'm having some issues and need some help. Ever since I upgraded to the new version and upgraded to a families account I've had nothing but grief. First, I used to sync through icloud and I was under the impression that my vaults would be syncing on 1password.com now, however on my phone it still shows me icloud. On my desktop the option of where to sync doesn't even show up anywhere anymore and regardless of what is or isnt there, I cant get the two to sync properly.

I used to have tons of duplicates from the migration from v6 and I figured out how to use the remove duplicated on the mac desktop version to get rid of them but no such thing exists on the ios version and the more stuff I add, the more duplicates I end up with there.

Also, whenever I add a new login from my phone it doesnt sync to my desktop. This is intolerably frustrating. I sent an email 2 weeks ago and no one got back to me so I hope someone can help here because I'm at wits end.

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.2.4 mac/7.2.7 ios
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.14.2 mac/12.1.4 ios
Sync Type: unsure

Comments

• redhat
    redhat
    Community Member

I think I know what is causing part of the issue. On my phone I clearly see that there is a vault called "Primary" which is synced with iCloud which was from when I previously used v6 and that same vault is not on my desktop because we switched over to an account. I can't even see that vault on my desktop because it syncs to a 1password account and I can't figure out a way to add the iCloud vault. I just want everything to live in the 1password account.

Can someone please help figure this out? Tremendously frustrating....

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@redhat - I'm sorry for the trouble! If you've opened a 1password.com account and successfully imported your data from your older, iCloud-synced standalone vault into the new account's vault(s), then all you need to do on other devices is sign into your account, then delete the old vault. Let us know if you run into any trouble. :)

• redhat
    redhat
    Community Member

@Lars i am signed into my account, but for some reason its been creating new information and syncing with the old icloud account. how can i migrate those items not in the account to the account and then remove icloud?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@redhat - you don't want to remove iCloud, just stop syncing with it and remove all standalone vaults. These new (or changed) items; are they only in your Primary vault on your iPhone? Can you locate/see them all? If so, then you can add your account to 1Password for iOS and then move over only those items that you need from the iCloud vault to the 1Password account vault. After that, you can remove that old Primary vaul on all devices, and you should be all set. Let us know if you need further assistance, however! :)

This discussion has been closed.