To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to purchase a license

This discussion was created from comments split from: Where is the license version?.

Comments

• memalyn
    memalyn
    Community Member

I have a licensed version and I do not want a membership. However, the only 1Password website I can find throws me into a membership when I try to sign on. As I said, I do not want a membership and it seems that whenever someone asks about standalone licenses the push is on to buy a membership. I need to sign in to the website that supports standalone licenses. I can't even log on to look at my purchase history because I am pushed into the membership sign-on and of course I do not have a membership. Very frustrating as I have spent over 2 hrs trying to find the website when I should be working on my income taxes!

• Hi @memalyn

I'm sorry for the frustration. There is no such website. We are no longer marketing standalone licenses, so you won't find any mention of them on 1Password.com. If you'd like to purchase a license for 1Password 7 for Mac or 1Password 7 for Windows you can do so within the app you'd like to purchase. You can download those apps here:

Download 1Password

From the welcome screen select the "Need a license? We have those too" option.

Does that help?

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@memalyn: Also, in case there's some misunderstanding, it is only possible to access 1Password data through the website with a membership, as otherwise the encrypted data is only stored in a local vault on your device. The 1Password.com website interface depends on the hosted service in order to be functional.

This discussion has been closed.