Bug in Autosave preferences not sticking...

SteveW928
SteveW928
Community Member

Hello, I think I have found a bug in the preferences not saving/holding.
Under Preferences -> Browsers -> Autosave, the 'Detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them' check box remains checked no matter what I do. If I uncheck it, close the preferences and reopen the preferences, it is checked again. Obviously if I uncheck it and quit and relaunch 1Password, it is also checked again.
Thanks, -Steve

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:autosave bug

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @SteveW928!

Thank you for reporting this. I managed to reproduce the issue here in 1Password 7.2.5, but I think this was already fixed in one of the latest betas:

Browser Preferences now display their correct values when you open the Preferences window. {apple-issues#3208}

If you don't want to use the beta channel, this fix should make it over to you as soon as the next stable version is released :)

• SteveW928
    SteveW928
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana
    Thanks, sounds good!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @SteveW928 :)

• vaikl
    vaikl
    Community Member

Is this bug responsible for causing 1Password to jump in every time I use a login page in Firefox (66.0.2, macos 10.13.6), even if this login was already saved in my vault and there is no change? I can see the same behaviour as described above in my 1 Password preferences.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @vaikl! Welcome to the forum!

This might be related, but there are other possible explanations: for example, this could happen if the URL of the site changed, even if all fields in your 1Password items remained the same.

But if you say that this happens with every website, then this is probably not it. Can you confirm whether this indeed happens with every Login item you are using?

• vaikl
    vaikl
    Community Member

I can confirm it for the most website i have used in the last weeks, because that had caused me to look up deeper into configs and prefs of 1 Password. I didn't check on every site if there are changes in their URL, but I'm pretty sure that most of them are the same as i have saved them in 1Password. I'll take a closer look.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @vaikl! Please let us know what you find.

In the meantime, you also have the option to try the latest beta and see if it indeed helps you with this issue too.

• vaikl
    vaikl
    Community Member

Thanks @ag-ana, but knowing that there's a possible fix I'll stay with stable versions :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @vaikl! The fix will make it to you anyway as soon as the next stable update is released :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.