1Password quit working

Options
Nante
Nante
Community Member

1Password quit working. I am running 1Password 7.3 from Apple Store, macOS Mojave 10.14.5 and Safari 12.1.1. The extension symbol is displayed in Safari, next to the address display, the top bar in Safari. When I click on it nothing happens. Under Apple/Preferences/Extension 1Password does not show. When I open the app itself and click on one of the sites under Login Safari opens but nothing happens.

Comments

• Alex Hill
    Alex Hill
    Community Member
    Options

I had this this morning when I updated to 1Password 7.3. It didn't work in either browser I tried (Safari and Firefox). Rebooting my Mac fixed it, but annoying that I had to reboot.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Nante,

I'm sorry for the trouble. As Alex suggested the best first troubleshooting step would be to restart the Mac. Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• Ben
    Options

I'm not sure I'd say it is normal but we have had a few reports that rebooting has been helpful in getting the browser extension into a good state. Thanks for the update.

Ben

• Nante
    Nante
    Community Member
    Options

Yes Ben, I Restarted the iMac and the sign-in display for the site I selected was displayed. I then did a Shut Down, hit the power button, tried again using the extension displayed in Safari, and nothing happened. Then did a Restart and 1Password functioned as expected.
    Then did an Apple/System Preferences/Extensions. The display did not include 1Password. Should it?

• Ben
    Options

@Nante

No, 1Password will not appear there. Those are a completely different kind of extensions from the ones we have available in web browsers.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.