Just bought 1Password 7 and started the free trial, now 1Password isn't working properly

Options
Zachaveli
Zachaveli
Community Member
edited July 2019 in Mac

Or is it? I just switched from 1Password to 1Password 7. I like it except for that all my log ins and everything is duplicated. It shows I have my "Personal" vault under my 1Password account , with all my content I should have in it. Then there is my "Primary" vault under the " ON ICLOUD" section with the duplicates on my same content. So when I click the "all vaults" section it shows duplicates. Now I can understand why it would be that way but its very annoying to see all this content and for what reason?

Side note, I also deleted all the duplicates once not realizing that they are for two separate "vaults", and now it wont let me highlight them all and restore them, instead it only lets me restore them one at a time.

TL;DR

I am having difficulty transferring info from 1Password to 1Password 7 and its causing frustration and headaches with the new layout/system. Any explanation would be helpful as to what I should do to stop the duplicates or just let it be. Just confused. Send help.

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS Mojave 10.14.15
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Zachaveli

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. I'm a little confused as to how you might've gotten into this state, as 1Password 7.3.1 should be automatically deleting the Primary vault after the migration is complete. Did you get any prompts asking if you wanted to delete it, or saying that migration wasn't successful? In either event, you should be able to resolve this by deleting the Primary vault. Before doing so I'd recommend logging in at https://my.1password.com/ to be sure you know the correct Master Password (it may be different than the one you currently use to unlock the 1Password app). You can find instructions on deleting the Primary vault here:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Ben

• Zachaveli
    Zachaveli
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben I deleted the vault, that seemed to work. Will it stay that way or do I have to worry about it reappearing on my 1Password account?

• Ben
    Options

The Primary vault is not part of your account. It is a "standalone" vault. So it will not appear there. I'm glad to hear that helped. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.