The Sync tab isn't visible in the 1Password Preferences window

user11
user11
Community Member
edited August 2019 in Mac

The Sync tab isn't visible, so I can't get to the option to sync from iCloud. I never saw it when I first installed 1Password just a week ago, and I even tried the currently available v. 6.x on the 1Password site to see if it's a version issue. The Sync tab isn't visible with that version either.

When comparing the tabs I see to the ones visible in the "How to sync 1Password with iCloud" tutorial, I'm missing WLAN Server, Backup, and Updates tabs, too, though I'm not sure if that helps diagnose.

Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.3.2 (70302003) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:icloud

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi @user11! If you're not seeing the Sync tab in any of the 1Password apps, that means you're syncing your data via a 1Password account instead. With an account, we handle all the syncing for you automatically, hence the lack of any sync preferences.

If you'd like any help keeping your data in sync between your devices with a 1Password account, let me know, and I'd be happy to help.

-Henry

• user11
    user11
    Community Member

Ohh, ok thanks for explaining that. Makes sense. I was hoping to do a one-time migration of my iCloud data to my 1Password account using that option to start using 1Password instead of iCloud from now on. Do I have options to do that, or would I need o create password entries in 1Password account manually?

Thanks for you help

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@user11:

You can definitely migrate data from iCloud to 1Password.com without having to do that manually :) Do you have another device where you already have your iCloud data, or would you like to do this from this Mac?

• user11
    user11
    Community Member

@ag_ana ,
    Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, I have an iPhone with iCloud keychain enabled and with 1Password installed. I'll go with whichever is easier.

Thanks!

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

No worries @user11, we're always here to help. :)

Based on the screenshot in your original post, the only vault(s) in 1Password 7 on your Mac are those in your 1Password account. I can tell there's no iCloud-synced vault to migrate from there, since the Sync tab isn't visible. If this has changed since you originally posted, let us know. Therefore, I'll conclude you've already moved to a 1Password account on your Mac.

Assuming you already migrated the 1Password data on your Mac to a 1Password account, and that all your 1Password data is in said 1Password account (and not modified/created in your Primary vault on another device, say) you can follow these quick steps on your other devices to connect the 1Password account from your Mac and remove your no-longer-needed iCloud-synced Primary vault.

If you have any more general questions about this—such as how to make sure you're not leaving any data behind in a Primary vault before removing it from your devices, where to find your email address/Secret Key to sign in—let us know and we're happy to help more. Or if you'd like us to take a little look under the hood with some diagnostics, you can email us directly and include a link to this discussion in your message there.

Hope this helps, and we're here for more!

-Henry

This discussion has been closed.