7.3.2 Not Automatically Going To The Logon For URL I'm In

Options
Avign0n51
Avign0n51
Community Member

With version 6.x, if I was went to a URL or sub-URL of a Site I had setup a logon to, that logon would appear at the top, above all the logons when I opened 1Password in Safari so I could just click on it without having to scroll down through all logons. After upgrading, it no longer does that, and I have to scroll down through all existing logons to get to the one for the URL I'm on. What do I need to do to restore that functionality, as it made it quick? IF I used the built-in MacOS password capability, I could just logon by clicking on the password icon, but that doesn't bring up 1Password as an alternate. Safari is version 13.0.1.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Avign0n51 - what does 1Password mini say when you open it in the context of a browser? If it says "Suggestions," then the behavior should be essentially the same as what you're used to in 1Password 6 for Mac. But version 7 has a new Preference pane called 1Password > Preferences > Mini where you can set what 1Password displays to either Suggestions, Favorites or All Items. If it's not set to Suggestions, then that's the reason you're not seeing things as you remember seeing them in 1Password 6 for Mac. Try that. :)

• Avign0n51
    Avign0n51
    Community Member
    Options

Ummm...I tried that, still not working as version 6.x did. I would have the list of logons that I could just scroll to and use if just browsing + I would have the "suggestion" for the URL I'm currently on. So, could either logon if needed, or if just going to another URL, just scroll down the list. Now, I can do one or the other. Please see if you could set something like this:

1. Make "Show Suggestions" a check block. That way, no matter what #2 below is set to, I either can have, or not have Suggestions made.
    2. Add another "Open 1Password to" choice of Logons, so I don't have EVERYTHING showing.

Basically I either browse the logons to use one, or will need it to suggestion a logon based on my URL, or I fill my credit card info in...that's really the only three things I need this application to give me...but, as it was with 6, not this "new" version 7 style.

Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Avign0n51 - you know, in getting started replying to your post, I remembered a conversation I had less than a week ago (I thought) that was along much these same lines. I went searching for it because I'd taken the time to fire up a virtual machine still running 1Password 6 for Mac to create a screenshot of the mini from that version and post it alongside a screenshot of the mini from this version, and I wanted to use that as a example/reference point. Turns out, I was right about that being less than a week ago, and the screenshots were right there, in that post. But I was surprised to notice that this older conversation....was also with you. Maybe that's why it sounded familiar enough to jog my memory of having recently posted those screenshots. In other words, we've discussed this already, and fairly recently.

All of the functionality you're asking for is available already -- just not the way you are expecting it to be laid out. I'm happy to pass along your suggestions to the design team, but please see our other conversation if you need details on how to access your Logins list in the Mini.

• Avign0n51
    Avign0n51
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure what to say, I've tried your suggestions, and, yes, I can sorta have the same ease of use that was available with version 6.x, but, and to me it's a big but, I see the new version as less-easy, less-fast to use. I'm a huge fan of making improvements under the surface, but, keeping what's not broke, and I don't think you guys were able to do this with this version. I'll probably continue to use it, but, long for the simple, good old version's usability.

Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Avign0n51 - thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about the new version with us, seriously -- it's how we learn what the user community wants or doesn't want. Of course, not everyone wants the same thing, but that's why we solicit feedback widely.

This discussion has been closed.