Trouble with 1Password 7

This discussion was created from comments split from: reverting to 1Password6 from 1Password7 on Mac desktop..

Comments

• ally817
    ally817
    Community Member

1password 7 is cumbersome and horrible. I used to be able to click on the icon in the ribbon and it would automatically fill in the password. Now I have to copy and paste the password from 1password 7, then fill in my email manually. Pain in the butt. On top of it all, one cannot speak with a human, but has to do this email back and forth and back and forth till you figure the problem out.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ally817 - I'm sorry for the trouble. It sounds as if you may have upgraded to 1Password 7 for Mac, but not yet paid for it with either a new standalone license for the new version or a 1password.com membership. I say that because what you're describing - not being able to fill your data - sounds very much like what happens when you're in Read Only mode, which you would be in the scenario I mentioned. Look at any of your items in the main 1Password window. Do you see a Read Only badge at the top right of the item(s)? If so, then that's what's happening. You can click that badge to bring up the Purchase Options window, which will allow you to choose either a standalone license or subscribe to a 1password.com membership. Let us know if you have any questions.

• MacDanny
    MacDanny
    Community Member

I'm having this exact problem, and I own 1Password outright (for many years now). I do not have, and see no way around the "secret key".
    Seems I need to revert to version 6... again...

• @MacDanny

There really isn't such a thing as "own[ing] 1Password outright." If you purchased a license then that license would be for your use of a specific version of 1Password. For example, it might be a license for the use of 1Password 6 for Mac. Licenses generally do not include upgrades. 1Password 7 requires either a separate license purchase or a 1Password membership. 1Password 7 for Mac from the Mac App Store is subscription-only. We're no longer advertising licenses, but they are available within 1Password 7 when downloaded from our website for customers who are already familiar with that situation and are comfortable with the "DIY" approach they offer. I'd highly recommend taking a look at 1Password membership, which will give you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices (no more separate upgrade fees). You can read about the benefits here:

About 1Password membership

Ben

This discussion has been closed.